PDA

View Full Version : Just had bad news

cox1981
17-08-07, 12:16
I've just had some bad news that a car that I sold in March was in an accident and I forgot to cancel the insurance on it so the claim is being made against my policy. On top of everything that has happened this week I freaked out massively. The insurance company just needs proof of the sale but I don't know if I have it.
I'm such a bundle of nerves. I phoned my Dad and confessed to him that I am on prozac - he's really supportive as my Mum has been on it.
My boss is aware to some extent of my problem and when she saw me a minute ago she asked if I was alright and if I was feeling bad I could take the afternoon off.
Now I am scared about telling my girlfriend about this. She always bails me out of problems and I usually end up hating myself more because of this. I feel so low that I feel like leaving her so that she can be with someone better than me.

Help!

groovygranny
17-08-07, 12:58
Hello there!

Yuk, what a difficult situation to be in.

However it sounds like you have good support from your family, your employer and your girlfriend - you need to tell her, now!

It's not wrong or a sign of weakness to need help and support - we all need it to varying degrees every day.

Use this support to help you remain positive in this unfortunate situation, then you will think more clearly about a solution - and there will be one, even if it isn't the one you want or even expect.

Hope it gets resolved soon

big hugs to you!

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Dying_Swan
17-08-07, 13:51
Dear oh dear.

This is a tricky situation indeed.

When you sold the car, did you fill out the V5 thingy and send it off? That lets the DVLA know who owns the car and should be all you need.

If not, how did the person pay for the car? Could you pull out some old bank statements which might show it up?

Presumably it is fairly easy to prove it wasn't you driving? If the driver has no insurance then surely they are the one in trouble and not you? If he/she isn't a named driver on your policy then I don't see how they can be claiming against your insurance?

Hope you get it sorted soon xxx

kazzie
18-08-07, 12:10
Hi There:hugs:

Have to agree with Swanny:D

Luv Kaz x x x

cox1981
20-08-07, 09:24
Thanks for all your replies. I told my girlfriend and she helped me sort it. I have proof that I sold my car that I can send off to the insurers. She has told me that I need to open my mail and sort out things like this in my life otherwise she can't be with me. This sort of thing happens too often in my life. I need to get things sorted out drastically and I guess that getting everything in order will help me to deal with things as there will be fewer nasty surprises like this to stress me out.

happyone
20-08-07, 09:29
I'm glad you have proof that you sold the car:yesyes:

At the risk of sounding patronising, could I suggest toyou that you buy one of those concertina alphabetical folders?
I used to be a very organised person but since depression and anx, I have let it slip babdly.
I bought one of those files and every thing that comes in that I might need, I file in the box.
It works for me....I found my MOT the other day!

happyone
xx