PDA

View Full Version : Coming off Cipralex

seh1980
07-01-05, 18:36
hello everyone,

Just thought I would let you all know how I am getting on. My doctor has decided that I should start coming off Cipralex as I have been on them for just over a year now. I have come down from 10mg and am now on 5mg a day for a month to see how that goes. To be honest, I don't feel any different and if anything, I feel a little better; probably just relief as I am finally coming off the meds.

I was wondering if any of you have any experience on coming off Cipralex. Any info or advice would be much appreciated. Thanks!!

Sarah :D

lainey
07-01-05, 18:57
Hi Sarah

Idon't have any advice for you as I have never been on medication apart from St Johns Wort but I wish you all the best and congratulate you for doing so well over the last year

Take care

Elaine x

sal
07-01-05, 22:07
Hi Sarah

I cant give you advice as how it feels to be coming of the meds as still rely on mine, but on the other hand can only praise you for how well you have done and how dropping to 5 mg you feel no different or a little better.

I am not surprised you feel better as you will see that you are miles ahead of how you ever thought you would be and no doubt the thoughts of been reliant on medication have dropped massively.

You have done great and i am so proud of you.

Sucess story we all need to hear.

Well done mate, hope you carry on feeling better all the time.

Lots of Love Sal xxxxx

seh1980
09-01-05, 21:40
hello Lainey and Sal,

Thank you for your replies!! I am still doing ok. I occasionally get a slight headache which could be because I have lowered the dosage of my meds but on the other hand, it could just be a coincidence.

I'm just hoping that I can succesfully come off my meds and be panic free!!!!!!!!! Fingers crossed..

Meg
09-01-05, 22:04
Sarah - yes you're doing great .

Slowly and steadily. You've done so much work on this I'm sure you'll be fine

Meg
www.overcominganxiety.co.uk

You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

waynexx
19-01-05, 16:59
I have just recently come off cipralex was on 10mg for three months reduced to 5mg for two week then competly stopped.

At moment im getting heaches almost every day and i feel very tired all the time with little or no motivation. I hope these are just side effects that will dissapear soon. I have been off Cipralex now for about a week and a half.

Some of my old symptons of aniexty seem to pop up every now and again, but i feel i can cope much better and are still managing to do things which i probably would not of done before.

twister
22-01-05, 22:12
Hi Sarah

I came off Cipralex before and it was fine, I dropped to a half dose like you and then did every other day etc. no problems at all.

Emily

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
Understanding is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad

seh1980
23-01-05, 16:37
Thanks for your replies guys!! It's nice to know that I'm not alone!!

seh1980
29-01-05, 20:40
hello everyone,

Just thought I would update you all on how I'm getting along. Well, after dropping down to 5mg every day for three weeks, the GP has now advised that I decrease my dosage yet again. I am now taking 5mg for two days in a row and then having one day off. I'm trying to take it as slowly as possible as I don't want to experience anymore nasty side-effects than necessary. So far, it has been going pretty well. A couple weeks ago, there were a few days when I had really bad headaches and felt a little depressed but apart from that I can't really complain.

I will let you all know how it goes...

lainey
30-01-05, 10:44
Hi Sarah

So glad to hear that you are doing well in coming off the medication. soon you'll be medication free!!!
Youv'e done so well.

Take care

Elaine x