PDA

View Full Version : Bump on ankle

axxerd
31-08-18, 15:45
Hey guys,

In October 2016 I noticed a bump on my ankle around where the elastic of my sick would sit. I remember scratching at it at the time and it kind of scabbed over. It never bled or hurt, and I thought it may have been a pimple, insect bite, or ingrown hair or something.

I still have the bump, and generally don't notice it or think a out it. I have a few mosquito bites on my leg now and have been scratching them and noticed the original bump again and have started to obsess over it a bit.

It hasn't gotten any bigger than it was two years ago. It feels like a raised spot of dry skin or something. I have attached a photo. The photo on the left is of it when it's dry, and on the right when it's moisturized.

Any idea what this is? Do you think it could it be seborrheic keratosis or something else benign?

imogen84
09-09-18, 08:09
Hi, for what it's worth I was eaten alive by mosquitos on holiday 7 years ago. I had them all over my legs and one on my shin was very itchy and I couldn't leave it alone. I scratched it so much that it's now a permanent raised lump on my shin with a darker colour to it. I think they call them dermatofibromas. Hope this helps!