PDA

View Full Version : Freaking out

KatiePink
31-08-18, 18:43
I'm having a total meltdown guys. I had my echo cardiogram today after my last appointment was cancelled, after the echo they fitted me with a heart monitor to wear for 24 hours. As soon as I left the hospital I was looking at it and thought this can't be right, it was jumping from 75bpm straight to 130bpm and back down, it was completely erratic and even reached 240bpm, I felt fine and am almost certain this must be wrong however all the wires were fitted down securely.

Then I was cooking tea and it started beeping(they told me it shouldn't make a noise) I finished my tea and checked it as it was still beeping and all the wiring had come loose, the coating had split all around the wires all I can think of is it was the heat of leaning over the cooker?

I've had to take it off as it would not stop beeping and I wouldn't be sleeping with that!

Now my anxiety is especially high thinking I have a serious heart problem for it to be jumping around so much, I just sat up slowly and it went straight to 140bpm, but I couldn't feel my heart racing.

Does this sound more like a problem with the monitor? ��

lucymarie
31-08-18, 18:52
I'm having a total meltdown guys. I had my echo cardiogram today after my last appointment was cancelled, after the echo they fitted me with a heart monitor to wear for 24 hours. As soon as I left the hospital I was looking at it and thought this can't be right, it was jumping from 75bpm straight to 130bpm and back down, it was completely erratic and even reached 240bpm, I felt fine and am almost certain this must be wrong however all the wires were fitted down securely.

Then I was cooking tea and it started beeping(they told me it shouldn't make a noise) I finished my tea and checked it as it was still beeping and all the wiring had come loose, the coating had split all around the wires all I can think of is it was the heat of leaning over the cooker?

I've had to take it off as it would not stop beeping and I wouldn't be sleeping with that!

Now my anxiety is especially high thinking I have a serious heart problem for it to be jumping around so much, I just sat up slowly and it went straight to 140bpm, but I couldn't feel my heart racing.

Does this sound more like a problem with the monitor? ��

Hi Katie,

I'm not familiar with heart monitors but from your post it definitely sounds like an issue with the monitor itself to me. 240bpm is extremely high and I really don't think you would feel fine as you say if it were your actual heart causing that rate. The beeping is a strong indicator it's a tech issue too saying as they mentioned it should make no sound.

Are you able to contact them and let them know about the issues? Hopefully they can get a new one for you soon :)

KatiePink
31-08-18, 18:55
I've also convinced myself I have a blockage or tear in my carotid artery which is causing the pulsatile tinnitus. Feel like a ticking time bomb. Such terrible anxiety :weep:

---------- Post added at 18:55 ---------- Previous post was at 18:53 ----------

Hi Katie,

I'm not familiar with heart monitors but from your post it definitely sounds like an issue with the monitor itself to me. 240bpm is extremely high and I really don't think you would feel fine as you say if it were your actual heart causing that rate. The beeping is a strong indicator it's a tech issue too saying as they mentioned it should make no sound.

Are you able to contact them and let them know about the issues? Hopefully they can get a new one for you soon :)

I have to wait until Monday as the department is closed until then, hopefully they can give me another one that works properly, you're probably right as I even said myself there's no way this is my heart rate, but the what ifs in my mind telling me maybe it is!
Thanks for replying