PDA

View Full Version : Neuro test: finger to nose

katniss
01-09-18, 01:56
Hello everyone,

I was reading about weird medical tests (this was literally the title of the article) and there was this one test where you close your eyes and touch the tip of your nose with either of your index fingers. I did it with both my left index finger and my right. Although I found my nose fine, sometimes I would touch slightly to the left or right of my nose. Is this normal? When you guys touch your nose with your eyes close is it easy for you to touch just the tip in the middle? I’m a little freaked now because apparently an abnormal result can mean neurological issues.

And please don’t tell me I shouldn’t have the read the article. I know.

Fishmanpa
01-09-18, 02:01
And please don’t tell me I shouldn’t have the read the article. I know.

Well dang! I have nothing to say! :winks:

Positive thoughts

NancyW
01-09-18, 02:31
Stop self testing now.

You are asking to be thrown down a rabbit hole.

lucymarie
01-09-18, 14:27
I poked myself in the eye and I've had a brain scan before and all was well. I call hoo-ey on said article :winks:

katniss
01-09-18, 18:51
Thanks guys. I think I really needed a good bonk on the head for being so silly and irrational. Health anxiety sucks! I’ve just had an on and off sinus headache since April. And whenever it goes away I’m so relieved but when it comes back I start freaking out and noticing strange symptoms. This article just made it worse.

lucymarie
01-09-18, 18:58
Thanks guys. I think I really needed a good bonk on the head for being so silly and irrational. Health anxiety sucks! I’ve just had an on and off sinus headache since April. And whenever it goes away I’m so relieved but when it comes back I start freaking out and noticing strange symptoms. This article just made it worse.

The general consensus is if something comes and goes it isn't usually anything life threatening. Progressive illness is named that for a reason, it just keeps on getting worse.

jray23
01-09-18, 22:30
Perfectly normal. While dealing with my inner ear/balance issues (and associated anxiety!) this year I've had two neurologists do it with me in the ER (same visit) and also in an independent neurologist exam as well as at the otoneurologist (ear neuro). Some of the time I hit the tip of my nose perfectly and sometimes it was slightly off like you describe, but all of the "results" were completely fine and did not point to whatever the heck that test is supposed to look out for.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk