PDA

View Full Version : worried again

guiltyw
17-08-07, 21:09
Hi there, just wondered if anybody could give me any advice.
Basically,a couple of months ago I asked my GP to look at a mole on my leg, it was flat, not raised at all, the brown colour was a bit varied. He assured me it was ok.
Anyway about 3 weeks ago I was having one of my health anxiety obsessive check my body for lumps, bumps etc, and I started to worry about this mole again. I noticed it had a small hair growing out of it, so I plucked it out,and part of he brown pigment came with it. It looked a bit scab like the next day, so I cleaned over it with cotton wool and TCP, then the whole thing came off just by wiping it. It has completely healed up and looks like normal pink skin, but I am really scared that if it was malignant underneath at all I won't know, because the pigmented bit has gone.
Does anyone know if it would grow on the skin again if it is something nasty.

I am absolutely scared stiff, any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

guiltyw

haribo
18-08-07, 11:09
hello,

if you are really that worried then you should check it out.

i went to the doctors as i am a really moly person and the doctor told me that

"just because you have moles does not mean that you will get cancer, most cancer forming lumps form on normal skin".

since then i have stopped obsessing over my moles.

having said this your predicamant is a little different and you no longer have a mole so i would suggest you check it out and then you can put your mind at rest. maybe you should ask you doctor for what to look for in a suspicious looking mole so that you can put your mind at ease easier.

sorry if it don't help

harry.

Kate C
19-08-07, 11:18
Hi guiltyw

I read somewhere that hairy moles cannot become cancerous? Maybe discuss this with your GP and let us know if that is the case???

Regards,

Kate

cattttt
20-08-07, 05:39
Yes, if it was something nasty, it would grow again and you would soon notice it.