PDA

View Full Version : Scared of ALS so scared

Kiki42815
01-09-18, 15:12
This site has given me lots of reassurance but I just am having a hard time dealing with this and decided to post s thread. So it all started about a month ago, when I had a swollen lymphnode on my neck, I got severely scared I had lymphoma after being misdiagnosed as having a sebaceous cyst. But it ended up just being a cold and they swelled down, however during the panic I acquired new symptoms, Extreme nausea, I could not eat. I had extreme pressure in my head and my leg began to feel strange. I of course hurried to my GP and she requested an MRI. I went through with the MRI, and had an all clear. After the MRI results I began to calm down and my symptoms began to fade. All except my leg, which is still feeling very strange. Both of my legs have begun twitching inside. And they are still twitching after 3 weeks. My left leg isn’t weak, I can do everything I used to but it feels very heavy to stand on, and kinda feels like it’s partially paralyzed inside but yet I can still stand on it and my tippy toes/heels as well. I went back to my GP about this and she said we should wait 2 weeks and that if it wasn’t gone she’s refer me to a neuro. That two weeks ends this Thursday. I was hoping my leg would just become better before then but it doesn’t seem to be changing. Of course I turned to google which made me fear ALS. I know it’s highly unlikely considering my age (17 f) and no family history of it. I just hate this because every time I stand up I feel it, and it’s hard not to think about it. I have a weight training class in school and I can run, squat, etc just fine but it seems to get very tight afterwords. My other leg will feel completely fine. Just worried and I hope someone can help me, maybe you’re going through the same thing.

nomorepanic
01-09-18, 15:30
https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=196071

Highly unlikely at your age to be honest.

Kiki42815
01-09-18, 15:36
I’ve read that about 50 times or more haha, it does help a lot