PDA

View Full Version : Just stood on rusty drawing pin - no blood, tetanus?

tan235
02-09-18, 06:51
Hi Guys
I know you are not Drs but I just stood on a rusty drawing pin, it was in the laundry so it's super dirty in there, plus the kitty litter use to be in there but it hasn't been now for months, however it was on the floor. I was barefoot. It didn't seem to have drawn any blood and I squeezed and squeezed it - there is a little red mark but that's it, the drawing pin looks pretty damn old. Anyway I"m going to Dr tomorrow for something else but would you panic about tetanus? I figure if not blood was drawn it probably is ok ... I don't think I'm up to date with my booster and I HATE getting shots. Anyway what do you guys think? ha ha again i Know you're not dr's but am I over reacting?

---------- Post added at 05:51 ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 ----------

So update: I've just poked the area with a needle so it bled, i assume if there was any dirt left in from the drawing pin it would have come out - I know this is probably stupid, but i cleaned my foot with hot water, used a sterilised needle and then wiped it with an alcohol wipe and put antiseptic on it - AFTER i squeezed it to make it bleed!
.... health anxiety eh, now i feel better about tetanus but now worried I've now caused an infection.

lofwyr
02-09-18, 18:36
I think, if you are not upto par on boosters, whether you like getting shots or not, it is very sensible to do so. It is part of a basic plan to maintain our health.