PDA

View Full Version : This is something dangerous? (photo)

Howanxious
03-09-18, 04:49
Well, inside my cheek I've noticed this weird thing that looks like an "orange" patch. There's no lump, just this, but the skin in that place looks different, like other "texture". I'm 21 (no alcohol/smoke) by the way and I just want to think that it's something like a bit or a burn, but... What u think? :huh:

lofwyr
03-09-18, 06:55
I don't think any of us can really give you medical advice or diagnose anything. If it is concerning to you, check with your GP or dentist would be my advice. Probably just irritation, looking like you chewed on it in your sleep or something.

AnxietyGirl30
03-09-18, 10:28
Looks like you have cut it and it’s become irritated. If you are worried go to the doctor and let them have a look at least it will put your mind at peace

RadioGaGa
03-09-18, 12:33
Have to agree with other posters - this cant be dx over the internet.

If it still worries you, see your dentist or doctor.

BikerMatt
03-09-18, 12:45
At the very edge of the patch i can see what looks like a tooth bite mark. I think at some point you've bitten your cheek and a little infection has got in. I would do some warm salt water rinses for a few days and see what it's like after a week.

paranoid-viking
03-09-18, 12:59
Have no idea. Not sure if I myself would bother giving it some attention. But dont take my word for it; I am not a doctor. And besides - photos are not a good way to diagnose amnything.

lucymarie
03-09-18, 14:32
Looks like you've bit it to me but best to see a doctor if you are worried.

Howanxious
03-09-18, 19:34
Well, right now it seems like it's getting better. The area it's a little tender when I make contact with it so I'm gonna see how it looks later. Seems like a tooth bit after all :doh:

Andrash
03-09-18, 21:08
Well, inside my cheek I've noticed this weird thing that looks like an "orange" patch. There's no lump, just this, but the skin in that place looks different, like other "texture". I'm 21 (no alcohol/smoke) by the way and I just want to think that it's something like a bit or a burn, but... What u think? :huh:

Looks like you were headbutted by Donald Trump and there is a bit of orange residue left from his face/hair :)

Howanxious
03-09-18, 22:10
Looks like you were headbutted by Donald Trump and there is a bit of orange residue left from his face/hair :)
Oh, no, somebody else but not Donald Trump :roflmao:

BikerMatt
03-09-18, 23:11

Yes but fancy circling it with some tippex:roflmao: I wouldn't put that in my mouth:doh:

MyNameIsTerry
04-09-18, 02:07
To be honest I would be more concerned about "a little bit of Trump" being in my mouth! :ohmy:

https://www.quirkybyte.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/Donald-Trump-Iowa-REUTERS-800x430.png

What would be the reaction to that? Probably the one Ace Ventura had after "the kiss" :winks:

http://gifimage.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/ace-ventura-shower-gif-5.gif

...or I might be on the phone to half a dozen media bosses to sell my story :yesyes:

Worked for Stormy (or was it Stormzy? :biggrin:). :winks:

OP - like the rest said, probably a wound site. A bite being likely. You get marks like those when you bite your gum when eating. Just think of it like you would a cut/bruise on an external part of your body.

Redsoles
04-09-18, 17:46
Yes, looks like a bite to me. I’m always biting my cheek.

Howanxious
14-09-18, 01:40
Thank you everybody lol :D
It was a bite, yes. The injury it's still healing (it became very painful a couple of days ago but now it doesn't hurts anymore). The one thing that concernes me it's that in the surronding area I still can see that "red-orange" irritation that doesn't seem to go away and makes me a little anxious. I hope that it will go away soon, but in the meantime I'm always looking at my mouth :wacko:

tan235
14-09-18, 06:30
Ulcer or teeth bite and the area is irritated because of it, I would wait another day see - if it's getting better then move on - ignore it ;p

Howanxious
14-09-18, 19:47
Ulcer or teeth bite and the area is irritated because of it, I would wait another day see - if it's getting better then move on - ignore it ;p
The ulcer and the injury are almost totally gone after one week and five days, yeah. But the surrounding tissue it's still red and looks "irritated" or different.