PDA

View Full Version : Small slightly swollen pus filled pimple

Matthew1233
03-09-18, 13:16
I removed some pus and it has gone down slightly. The area is not sore or that red but does seem slightly swollen. Im scared this could be a staph infection, MRSA or cellulitis. I cannot stop googling stuff

nomorepanic
03-09-18, 13:43
It is probably a boil

Matthew1233
03-09-18, 13:50
It is probably a boil

Yes it probably is although im worried about what bacteria is causing it

nomorepanic
03-09-18, 14:10
Does it really matter?

I get boils and never even think why I have got them. They have never killed me.

Matthew1233
03-09-18, 14:15
Does it really matter?

I get boils and never even think why I have got them. They have never killed me.

Well it probably doesn't matter but I cannot help think that it does, so I think it was slightly insensitive of you to say "does it really matter?" when I cannot get the thought out of my head that it does matter.

Fishmanpa
03-09-18, 15:46
I think it was slightly insensitive of you to say "does it really matter?"

But that's the "reality". Billions and billions of people get pimples and boils every day and never give it a second thought. The reasons behind why you have a pimple or boil are just not significant nor warrants concern thus the statement "does it really matter?" :shrug:

The reason you're concerned is due to your HA and Dr. Google and the worry is self inflicted.

Positive thoughts

Matthew1233
03-09-18, 16:59
But that's the "reality". Billions and billions of people get pimples and boils every day and never give it a second thought. The reasons behind why you have a pimple or boil are just not significant nor warrants concern thus the statement "does it really matter?" :shrug:

The reason you're concerned is due to your HA and Dr. Google and the worry is self inflicted.

Positive thoughts

Thank you. I just cannot help myself from reading scary things online which then makes me feel as I have symptoms or conditions I have read about

Fishmanpa
03-09-18, 17:15
I just cannot help myself

IMO, this is the biggest misconception surrounding mental health. You can help yourself by seeking help for the illness you do have. If you find you can't bring yourself to do that, recruit a loved one or friend to assist you and hold you accountable.

Positive thoughts

Scass
03-09-18, 17:17
You can help yourself from reading scary things online. You are making a choice to read them, not the other way round.

So my advice would be keep it clean, don’t squeeze it, go and see a doctor if it feels hot, gets worse/bigger/redder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matthew1233
03-09-18, 18:08
You can help yourself from reading scary things online. You are making a choice to read them, not the other way round.

So my advice would be keep it clean, don’t squeeze it, go and see a doctor if it feels hot, gets worse/bigger/redder.

It hasn't changed from when first noticed it a day ago

Scass
03-09-18, 19:25
It’s only been a day.
Have you put cream on it?

Matthew1233
03-09-18, 19:44
No I don't exactly know what cream to put on it

nomorepanic
03-09-18, 19:46
Don't put cream on it if is a boil - it needs to be left alone really so don't keep squeezing it either.

Matthew1233
03-09-18, 19:48
Don't put cream on it if is a boil - it needs to be left alone really so don't keep squeezing it either.

I wasn't planning on putting cream on it anyway I was just going to leave it, but I don't know if it is a boil though