PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety over wasp sting!

MagpieWitch
03-09-18, 18:22
Hey. One of my biggest fears is getting stung by a wasp or bee and having an allegic reaction and dying.
I was standing and there was a wasp around me and suddenly she hit my leg in my calf and sent me running.
Theres nothing where it hit and no pain or redness but I feel tightness in my throat and I am scared.
My dad tells me I am not stung but can a wasp hit me without stinging?

epistore
03-09-18, 18:27
I believe it to be easier, to die being hit with lightning than with an allergic reaction from a bee or wasp. But it is my opinion.

MyNameIsTerry
03-09-18, 18:40
It probably landed on you or flew into you.

If it had stung you there would be immediate pain at the sting site. I've been stung by bees, wasps and hornets, each were felt immediately.

Many people flinch at them, and more likely wasps than bees, as we remember being stung as kids.

NancyW
03-09-18, 19:27
MagpieWitch are you allergic? If yes you should have an epi pen with you if no, it's no more than a sting which is painful but not deadly.

I've had plenty of bees, wasps and in general bugs bump into me outside, I do a lot of hiking in the park, they just fly off.

MagpieWitch
03-09-18, 19:32
I don't know if I am allergic because I've only been stung once when I was a very small child and I was stung again about 4 years ago but that one did not cause even a local reaction so I don't know if I am allergic.
I have tested allergies to food on my skin and maybe 6 years ago general allergies through blood but nothing since.
So I don't know if I am allergic and I don't have an EpiPen :(
However it's been an hour and 30 minutes, if it was life threatening something would've happened by now?

nomorepanic
03-09-18, 19:47
A reaction is immediate not hours later

Andrash
03-09-18, 21:19
Hey. One of my biggest fears is getting stung by a wasp or bee and having an allegic reaction and dying.
I was standing and there was a wasp around me and suddenly she hit my leg in my calf and sent me running.
Theres nothing where it hit and no pain or redness but I feel tightness in my throat and I am scared.

Of course. The sting is only a tiny part of its body. Actually, there is greater chance that you'll be hit without stinging than stung.

Catkins
04-08-21, 17:26
If you were stung as a child and 4 years ago and had no reaction you aren't allergic.

As said previously you would have had a reaction straight away.

AnxietySufferer
15-08-21, 08:54

It doesn’t sound to me like you were stung this time. If you were you would KNOW it. I had the same fear when I was stung. Anxiety causes shortness of breath your not dying !!