PDA

View Full Version : Swallowed chicken Wing bone!

Franchesca
04-09-18, 04:58
I am so trying to stay calm. For labor day dinner my husband chicken on grill, cut up pieces. I ate a small wing, there was hardly any meat on it I should not have even bothered, I swallowed piece of the wing bone, one of the small thin but kind of sharp pieces, it still even feels like its in my throat, but its not, I know just the irritation and "feeling" like when you swallow a large pill or vitamin, you know it goes down just the after feeling, and imagination a little.

I am so worried its going too puncture one of my internal organs or cause intestinal obstruction, it was not big but pointy and sharp, I'm going to eat some bran buds in a bit, that always helps bowels, helps but takes awhile. Am I in danger?? my husband says " you'll live" and is not taking me ER...I don't want to go. Can someone please help me? Could this kill me.? im panicking and very scared. If anyone can advise, or if happened to you please write me. Thank you, Franchesca.

Franchesca
05-09-18, 03:15
Hi. I was hoping someone would reply. If anyone else did this and survived. Its been almost 24 hours... I ate bran last night and coffee and orange juice early this morning. I even drank 4 ounces of prune juice, which maybe I should not have, tummy hurt worse after prune juice, such a small amount. I went to the bathroom.....sorry don't want to be distasteful....seemed normal....I hope it came out..scared its "lodged" somewhere! I'm scared. I have been reading all of the other posts from people.....I can SO identify! I am praying we all get relief and recovery! Thank you.

---------- Post added at 22:15 ---------- Previous post was at 19:27 ----------

is anyone there? Please help if you can...has this ever happened to any other member and it was OK?? So scared! Thank you, Franchesca:weep:

Andrash
05-09-18, 09:05
Hi. I was hoping someone would reply. If anyone else did this and survived. Its been almost 24 hours... I ate bran last night and coffee and orange juice early this morning. I even drank 4 ounces of prune juice, which maybe I should not have, tummy hurt worse after prune juice, such a small amount. I went to the bathroom.....sorry don't want to be distasteful....seemed normal....I hope it came out..scared its "lodged" somewhere! I'm scared. I have been reading all of the other posts from people.....I can SO identify! I am praying we all get relief and recovery! Thank you.

---------- Post added at 22:15 ---------- Previous post was at 19:27 ----------

is anyone there? Please help if you can...has this ever happened to any other member and it was OK?? So scared! Thank you, Franchesca:weep:

Happened to me many times. Fish, chicken, cherry, large pill...you name it. Never had any problems. So don't worry, I guarantee everything is fine.

Franchesca
06-09-18, 08:31
Thank you so much Andrash. Its been over 48 hours so Its probably alright. Your reply helped. They changed my klonopin from the yellow too the white ones and even thru my PA thinks I am imagining it, Since changing anxiety is back heavily, my stomach is constantly churning from dread! Thanks for responding with your reassuring post..

ankietyjoe
06-09-18, 11:16
The only real issue with swallowing bones is if they get stuck in your throat and cause you to choke. If that didn't happen within the first 10 seconds or so, it's not an issue at all. Your stomach acid is more than capable of decimating a small bone.