PDA

View Full Version : What have I got please?

welsh girl
04-09-18, 17:35
Hi Could some one please tell how they feel with anxiety ? I feel awful and do not see the way out, the Dr is lovely but can not help, which leaves me
feeling worse, If somebody could explain how they feel I could perhaps recognize myself, I would be so grateful

TylerB
05-09-18, 00:28
Hi Welsh Girl!

I think everyone feels anxiety differently.

Generally, it is a feeling of unease and fear throughout the day or acutely.

For me, I get a lot of physical symptoms, and my attention turns very inward. Some people feel hypervigilant of their environment - I feel it in my body.

I still have the fear and dread feeling - like I'm going to die or my luck will turn and something horrible is about to happen to me. As for my actual physical symptoms...how long do you have?

So generally I get a lot of twitching all over and heart palpitations. Some days are worse for one symptom. Some days are worse for others. I get some shaky joints, some trembling muscles (especially lips, fingers, and cheeks/nose scrunching muscles). I sometimes will get aches and pains everywhere. My allergies seem worse. I grind my teeth and clench especially at night which makes my jaw very sore during the day. Sometimes my tongue will burn and I'll bite it during the night due to my grinding and wake up in pain.

I will be feeling okay one minute, and then start to feel one or many of these symptoms and sink back into anxiety. Sometimes I'm anxious and them the physical symptoms come. Sometimes I'll be fine and then they come anyway.

How does your anxiety present?