PDA

View Full Version : worried about health/brain

Littlebluecar
04-09-18, 23:11
I've had health anxiety before, but now it's back. I'm 21 years old, relatively thin, active, and generally healthy. Lately I've had some intestinal problems, so I went to my doctor. We decided to try 2 weeks with absolutely no dairy to rule out lactose intolerance. Tomorrow marks two weeks, and it's still very hit or miss. At my last appointment, she said that if it's not lactose intolerance, her two main concerns would be celiac and hyperthyroidism.

I've researched both, and they can be linked to seizures and strokes if left untreated. I am not worried about my digestive tract at all. I'm worried about how this could affect me from a neurological standpoint. I'm also worried that my digestive problem could be due to a brain tumor. I know it sounds crazy, but it's possible for brain tumors to press on areas that communicate with the GI tract. I'm also worried about a brain tumor because I've had a couple of headaches and I feel jumpy/anxious almost all the time. Like I can't control my hands when I'm writing/typing.

ankietyjoe
04-09-18, 23:29
Your digestive tract is the core of your health, your immune system and recent studies suggest your mental health too. If you're going to be worried about something, it's that.

Your research is leading you to be worried about things that don't exist. Your Doctor appears to be suggesting things that probably don't exist either.

What is the nature of your digestive issues? Does your Doctor know about your history of anxiety? Because digestive issues are VERY common amongst people with anxiety.

Littlebluecar
04-09-18, 23:32
I've only had the one appointment with her. The nurse conducted an anxiety screening, which I scored very high on, no surprise. My doctor is aware that I have anxiety and that I am currently not on any type of medication, but I don't believe she is aware of the extent of my anxiety.

ankietyjoe
04-09-18, 23:34
So, what is the nature of your digestive issues?

Anxiety alone is more than enough to play havoc with all aspects of your digestion.

Littlebluecar
05-09-18, 00:04
I am experiencing stomach cramps and frequently having to go #2 3-4 days a week.