PDA

View Full Version : BAD SINUS INFECTION IN 7 year old

motherof3girlies
05-09-18, 09:16
It’s been a long while since my health anxiety has been bad, but I let Dr Google take me down a dark path tonight. Since the beginning of July my daughter had a cough, I took her to the drs 3 different times and they kept telling me it’s her allergies and it’s not a sinus infection. Finally I took her to the allergist who ran all the rest and she has no allergies (even though she tested positive 2years prior to outdoor/indoor allergies....weird) but the X-ray reveled a Bad SUNUS INFECTION!!! Now we are on day 7 of a 21 day antibiotic treatment plan and it doesn’t seem to be helping at all!! Which now has my brain going bonkers because the SAME DAY she started coughing she complained of a tooth ache, I took her to her dentist the next day thinking she had another tooth abscess but it turns out her top molar was loose because the adult tooth was pushing through. The X-ray revealed no infection. Then three days later it started really bothering her again so because we were leaving on vacation I took her back in a they removed the tooth and her said there was no infection and he cleaned the area good but gave me an antibiotic just in case but she never complained of the tooth hurting again so I didn’t give it to her. Now I’m regretting I didn’t because I just read on the internet that a little boy died in the hospital because of a brain abscess that came from an untreated tooth abscess. What if all this sinus problems is from her tooth and now the bacteria in there is Bad because it’s been like two months it’s going to spread to her brain!!! Omg should I take her to the hospital. I can’t sit here and do nothing. This is all my fault for not fighting sooner for antibiotics!!! Omg omg

utrocket09
05-09-18, 09:53
It’s been a long while since my health anxiety has been bad, but I let Dr Google take me down a dark path tonight. Since the beginning of July my daughter had a cough, I took her to the drs 3 different times and they kept telling me it’s her allergies and it’s not a sinus infection. Finally I took her to the allergist who ran all the rest and she has no allergies (even though she tested positive 2years prior to outdoor/indoor allergies....weird) but the X-ray reveled a Bad SUNUS INFECTION!!! Now we are on day 7 of a 21 day antibiotic treatment plan and it doesn’t seem to be helping at all!! Which now has my brain going bonkers because the SAME DAY she started coughing she complained of a tooth ache, I took her to her dentist the next day thinking she had another tooth abscess but it turns out her top molar was loose because the adult tooth was pushing through. The X-ray revealed no infection. Then three days later it started really bothering her again so because we were leaving on vacation I took her back in a they removed the tooth and her said there was no infection and he cleaned the area good but gave me an antibiotic just in case but she never complained of the tooth hurting again so I didn’t give it to her. Now I’m regretting I didn’t because I just read on the internet that a little boy died in the hospital because of a brain abscess that came from an untreated tooth abscess. What if all this sinus problems is from her tooth and now the bacteria in there is Bad because it’s been like two months it’s going to spread to her brain!!! Omg should I take her to the hospital. I can’t sit here and do nothing. This is all my fault for not fighting sooner for antibiotics!!! Omg omg

First, try to relax. Second, sinus infections can take forever to clear up. I get them all the time. Third, tooth issues spreading to your brain are extremely rare.
If she is on medication, a hospital is not going to do much. Sinus issues can aldo cause tooth pain.