PDA

View Full Version : Does HA cause you to forget words?

Mrschurchill
05-09-18, 13:13
I have recently noticed in the past few days that I am forgetting some words. Random words - today I was asking my friend about an appeal she has put in for her daughter to the DLA and I could not remember the word appeal!
Yesterday, I couldn't remember another word that would normally be so obvious but I just can't find it in my brain.

It's a bit frightening and I'm honestly trying not to jump to a silly conclusion - and I am NOT googling anything so any help would be appreciated.

I will say I am currently going through a lot work wise (raising a HR case against my manager for bullying) so it's been an anxious couple of weeks.

nomorepanic
05-09-18, 13:19
It is normal with anxiety and not necessarily HA.

Mrschurchill
05-09-18, 13:25
Thanks, It's a very odd feeling not knowing the word to something and does freak me out when it happens. Hoping it passes soon

Carlton
05-09-18, 13:28
I have problems forgetting words sometimes...or more accurately, recalling words. I take Trintellix and Klonopin for my anxiety, but this has been going on for awhile now. I am 47, male, and I have a family history of Alzheimer's on my dad's side, so sometimes I worry that is the cause, but I really don't think so. Yesterday I was trying and trying to think of the word "urgency". Often the words are right on the tip of my tongue, but I just can't spit them out. It is frustrating, but I think in reality it's just something that happens on occasion to all of us, especially as we age, and not a sign of anything more ominous.

Mrschurchill
05-09-18, 13:33
Thanks Carlton, that's exactly the feel ing - on the tip of my tongue but I can't spit them out.

I'm only 30 so hoping age onset memory loss isn't hitting me just yet :roflmao:

I worry now that the more I think about the more it will happen - like a vicious cycle! :doh: