PDA

View Full Version : Fibro?

madeuprolemodel
05-09-18, 21:54
Many years ago when I tore my rotaror cuff in my shoulder the doctor/ physio said I suffered with fibromyalgia and I’ll be really honest I do suffer with the odd aches and pains every now and then along with health anxiety etc but it never really effected me in daily life and I kind of just shurrged it off... up until now my body just hurts when I come home from work I want to just lay and not move because my arms and legs ache so much! Is this fibromyalgia? I hand a hard time accepting this is as I’m worried it could be heart related ( of course I’ve convinced myself this) I am also over weight and worry this might be adding to it but the horrible circle of wanting lose weight and go to the gym faced with I can’t move I’m in too much pain!

I hope someone can help because I am a loss end with everything and just want to not hurt anymore!!

Sabbine17
06-09-18, 10:56
It sounds like it could be fibro. My mom has the same she’s in her 60s and for her it started with extreme stress/ptsd. Have you checked with a rheumatologist to rule iut autoimmune stuff? If they do they should then be able to help you manage the pain and come up with an exercise plan. If there’s anything to go by in fibro is everythingρ in moderation. You might have days when you feel like you can do anything and everything but if you do you might exhaust yourself and have a bad day after.

And in any case keep in mind that it’s not life threatening and will be as bad as you let it! Keep us posted :)