PDA

View Full Version : COULD i HAVE A HUG PLEASE???..WHAT A NIGHTMARE(DONT READ IF DENTAL PHOBIC)

kazzie
18-08-07, 11:56
Hi Everyone:wacko:

I soooo need a hug!!!!

I dont believe what has happened!!!!:lac:

Last year I was forced to change dentists due to rising private dental costs to an NHS dentist:weep:

Ive never been happy with this new dentist his chairside manner was appauling but stuck with him for fear of ending up with no dentist at all!!!

So on Thursday I have major toothache in one of the teeth he told me dident need treating!!!! Decided to see how it went and took some really strong painkillers:wacko:

By Friday I was zonked on painkillers so tooth not too sore:yesyes:

On the local news last night came a story about how a dentist had broken a guys jaw extracting a wisdom tooth, severed a major blood vessel, the guy lost 2 pints of blood, ended up in intensive care and nearly died:lac:

They showed a picture of the surgery and gave the dentists name and yep you guessed it was only my dentist!!!

Well major panic ensued, Friday night, sore gob what had he done to mess my mouth up???

Phoned the local dental helpline and got appt with emergency dentist at local walk in centre for this morning!!!

Went to bed, had allergic reaction to painkillers and started itching from head to foot!!!

Called duty doctor who said to stop taking painkillers!!!

So this morning after no sleep went along to emergency dentist who was lovely and confirmed that the other dentist hadent treated me correctly just left work that needed doing so now Im on antibiotics for a nasty gum infection:weep:

I will need 3 teeth out because of this incompetence and have been given a list of other dentists to ring next week to try and register with one who is competent!!!:weep:

Anyone got any ideas on picking a good dentist???

Ive only just got over my dental phobia and dont want it back again:lac:

Lots of Love

(a sore and unhappy) Kaz x x x:hugs:

manmoor
18-08-07, 12:14
Kazzie :hugs: you can have several hugs hun :hugs: :hugs: xxx

haribo
18-08-07, 12:17
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: thats terrible,

you can have many hugs from me!!

xxx take care

xxxxx

kazzie
18-08-07, 12:25
Thanks Mandy and Haribo:hugs:

Luv Kaz x x x:flowers:

clickaway
18-08-07, 12:28
http://www.cuddlecards.com/ccimages/brown_sugar_baby_hugs-1.gif

kazzie
18-08-07, 12:39
Thanks Ray:hugs:

Now to top it all thanks to the cocktail of drugs I feel as sick as a pig!!!!!

Off back to me sick sofa lol

Luv Kaz x x x:hugs:

margaret911
18-08-07, 14:01
Aww Kazzie hope you get your teeth sorted out soon, theres nothing worse than toothache, take care

love Mags xxxxx

michellemumof4
18-08-07, 14:06
BIG BIG BIG BIG BIG BIG BIG BIG BIG HHHHHHHHHHHUUUUUUUUGGGGGS

kAZZIE , YOU POOR THING

I HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER SOON

MICHELLE XXXXX

Quirky
18-08-07, 14:13
Aww Kaz what a nightmare mate :hugs:

I hope you feel better soon :hugs:

Lisa x

honeybee3939
18-08-07, 18:52
Ohhh Poor you Kazzie !

Hope you manage to get the dentist sorted:ohmy:

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u236/msnoodle_2007/36.gif

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxxx

Nibbles
18-08-07, 19:16
Aww Kazzie have some hugs mate

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

http://www.wondercliparts.com/hugs/graphics/hugs_graphics_04.gif

kazzie
18-08-07, 20:35
Awwwww Thank you all so much:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Wish I could say Im feeling better but Im not!!!:weep:

I feel sooooo sick and have got tummy ache!!!

Not sure if this is the gum infection or still the allergic reaction to the solpadol:shrug:

Have had a google but that threw up nought of any use!!!

Been 24 hrs since I last took them itching almost gone but still feel sick and poorly:shrug:

Thanks again for all the hugs:yesyes:

alexis
18-08-07, 23:35
Sending you hugs, hope you soon start to feel better, I have dental phobia and have recently had all my top teeth out,(quite suddenly) I am very fortunate to have a lovely dentist, hope you can find one as good.

angiebaby
18-08-07, 23:42
I think you have remained very calm considering. Well done to you! This is awful news and i hope the poor client of his is getting better from the ordeal. Although they will probably have a serious dental phobia from now on!! It may be the shock of what has happened coupled with the infection and the antibiotics that are making you feel so sick right now, this should pass. Keep taking them, but not the pain killers, lol.
How did you get over your dental phobia if you don't mind me asking? I am petrified and i need work done desperatly as i have no smile and never have had and i'm now 37 and have wonderful coloured lipsticks and would love to be able to wear them with pride, lol.
How on earth can someone cope with having a phobia and have all their top teeth out, amazing. There are some really brave and fantastic people on this site, i only wish i was that brave.xx:hugs:

debera
19-08-07, 01:02
aww kazzie big hugs hun
debera:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

smudgie
19-08-07, 01:06
Hi Kaz

What a nightmare for you

sending you huge hugs and love, take care of you:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

love ness

kazzie
19-08-07, 12:26
Thank You All:hugs:

Angie I got over my phobia cos I found a really lovely (private) dentist who taught me not too be afraid. Sadly I cannot afford his fees anymore which is how I ended up with the current useless one:weep:

Dont get me wrong I dont exactly skip into the surgery lol but I do go without too much fuss:blush:

Just hope I can find another one to put right the damage the idiot has caused:mad:

Feel a bit better today thank god:yesyes:

Southern_Belle
19-08-07, 14:12
Kaz,

:hugs: , You could be feeling ill from the infection. I do hope you feel better soon. Is there any dental board where you can check out someone's credentials and their history when you finally choose a dentist? Sorry I know I can't be of any help way over here just wanted to give you a :hugs:.

Love,

Laura

kazzie
19-08-07, 14:55
Awwwww Thanks Laura:flowers:

honeybee3939
19-08-07, 15:19
Hi Kazzie

Glad to hear you are feeling better today.:yesyes:

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

groovygranny
19-08-07, 17:26
Woah, Kaz!

Just caught up with this......you amazing woman you!

All that and your sense of humour still intact - mucho respect and admiration for you.:yesyes:

Glad you is feeling better....

http://www.glittergraphics.co.uk/Graphics/Love_Hugs_Kisses/images/81.gif

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

:flowers:

kazzie
19-08-07, 17:51
Thanks Andie and GG:hugs:

Well feel like pooh again for reasons I wont go into here(ladies probs):blush:

OUCH OUCH OUCH LOL:)

Oh I wish Id been born a man:blush:

Thank you all for the support once again:hugs:

Quirky
19-08-07, 23:42
Hi Kaz,

Glad you're feeling a bit better today :hugs:

Lisa x

happyone
20-08-07, 08:49
Kaz hunny,
I don't know how I missed this post! Of course you can have hugs

What a horrid time hun....I do have to say...if you moved up here beside me I would let you meet my dentist.....trustme...you would forget about your teeth once in his chair!!!! (happyones horemones race again!)

happyone
xx

BarbedSpirit
20-08-07, 12:57
Kazzie
have a look in hte yellow pages as some places do sedation which is not as dangerous as being put right out fo treatment.
you would need to have someone with you when they sedate you as you will feel drunk but you wont remember anything.
if you cant find one in the yellow pages ask when you phone the numbers the dentist gave you to see if they refer to sedation clinics.
once you are out of pain and only need small amounts of work done then see if you want it done awake or sedated.

Barbedspirit

kazzie
20-08-07, 13:05
Thanks Guys:hugs:

Luv Kaz x x x:flowers:

Dave777
20-08-07, 14:11
Poor 'ol you Kazzie, ((((Big Hugs)))) :flowers:

Davexx:winks:

Quirky
20-08-07, 14:42
Hope you're doing ok today Kaz :hugs:

Lisa x

kazzie
20-08-07, 15:05

Im a bit better today thanks Lis:)

Quirky
21-08-07, 00:23
Glad you're a bit better today Kaz :hugs:

Lisa x

kazzie
21-08-07, 21:01
Thanks Lis:hugs:

Well im on a waiting list for a new dentist now:yesyes:

Quirky
21-08-07, 22:25
I hope you don't have to wait too long Kaz :hugs:

Hope your day has been ok.

Lisa x

kazzie
22-08-07, 21:41
Thanks Lis:hugs:

Luv Kaz x x x

kilvosa
23-08-07, 00:29
Hi Kazzie
Oh poor you loads of hugs sent to you shouldnt have read your post cos ive got the dentist on friday for yet another tooth out also ran of diazipan try to get some tomorrow. Also Kazzie only did an overnight stay down south to collect grandaughter we are booking a week at sandy balls next year. Took kids and grandaughter camping up here for 4 days they loved it pity the weather wasnt better though.
Take care hope youre feeling better.
Anne xxxx

shoegal
23-08-07, 00:44
I'm so sorry Kazzie. It really is one thing after another isn't it?!!!

I have a dental phobia so I understand how upsetting this is.

I hope you feel better soon and can get yourself a nice caring dentist.

Good Luck!!! :flowers:

Love and hugs from shoegal xxx

kazzie
23-08-07, 23:02

Anne I wondered what had happened to Sandy Balls!!!!

Glad I dident miss you and look forward to next year:hugs:

Good Luck with dentist:hugs:

Luv Kaz x x x

kilvosa
25-08-07, 00:51
Hi Kazzie
Well my dentist let me off having my tooth out gave me a filling insted just 2 more to have out and one more filling!!! It wasnt as bad as i thought and the worst was the needle going in hes such a nice dentist and im beginning to get my confidence back he said if it was painful to let him know and hell patch it and try again next time. Hope you find a good dentist Kazzie Must admit am still taking the diazipan before i go it takes the edge off.
Take Kazzie speak soon.
Anne xx

kazzie
25-08-07, 23:44
Hi Shoe:hugs:

Glad you are ok Anne:hugs:

Summer was a wash out eh??

Maybe we can do sandy balls next year????

kazzie
01-10-07, 22:37
Still waiting to here from new dentist:lac:

Luv Kaz x

kilvosa
01-10-07, 22:57
Hi Kazzie
You still not seen the new dentist yet? Got my last treatment on Saturday then Monday im in hos for an op i am so dreading it . Hope you hear from your dentist soon.
Take care Annexx

kazzie
01-10-07, 23:00
Hi Anne:D

You take care and if u need a chat or text when you are in hosp u have my number:yesyes: