PDA

View Full Version : Had my letter invitation for routine smear....so scared

MamaCass
06-09-18, 21:27
Hi all,

Ive been doing well until a few days ago, had a year long CBT course and was discharged 2 months ago.

A few days ago I recieved my routine appointment for a pap smear and this has spiralled out of control realising that my last one was in 2009 but clear and since then I have had 2 children one is 8 and one is 4.

I havnt eaten or slept since and convinced that they will find the worst possible cancer ever and I will leave my two children, husband and family behind. After stupidly googling I have scared myself beyond belief.

I never thought I had health anxiety until now.

Have I left it too late? :weep:
Any reassurance would be greatful right now....

NancyW
06-09-18, 21:38
Interesting how fast time goes by when you're a mom with little kids.
Same happened to me, it was actually a bit longer than yours, my pap test was 100% normal.

My coworker went 15 years (not the best thing to do) hers was normal too.

MamaCass
06-09-18, 21:51
Thankyou Nancy x

---------- Post added at 21:51 ---------- Previous post was at 21:43 ----------

Thankyou Nancy x

travelgirl77
06-09-18, 22:17
I get it. This makes me crazy too. I am two years out from my last one and keep waffling about making an appointment for this year. Although I also know that they will want me to get a mammogram which scares the crap out of me. Did they not do pap smears when you were pregnant (it is standard here in the U.S. which is why I ask)? The chance of you having anything wrong, especially if you have had good paps in the past is super, super, super small. I know you will probably still worry (I get it), but I hope you take some solace in the fact that you are probably 100% fine.

MamaCass
06-09-18, 22:36
Thanks.

I dont think they do it here in UK as it said the last recorded one was 10th of march 2009.

MRS STRESS ED
06-09-18, 22:44
Hi all,

Ive been doing well until a few days ago, had a year long CBT course and was discharged 2 months ago.

A few days ago I recieved my routine appointment for a pap smear and this has spiralled out of control realising that my last one was in 2009 but clear and since then I have had 2 children one is 8 and one is 4.

I havnt eaten or slept since and convinced that they will find the worst possible cancer ever and I will leave my two children, husband and family behind. After stupidly googling I have scared myself beyond belief.

Its never to late go get done as you say two children husband knowing is bad but not knowing and then finding out you left it too late even worse xx

Best wishes

MamaCass
06-09-18, 23:09
Thankyou

AnxietyGirl30
07-09-18, 07:20
I had my smear last Friday, and I’m now waiting for my results! The waiting is the worst but try not to worry. Even abnormal results don’t always mean anything bad so keep calm.

MamaCass
07-09-18, 16:20
Thankyou

Elen
07-09-18, 18:03
Hi all,

Cass you have always shown signs of HA. What was your CBT for? As I have said before the answer is in your own hands and you have your CBT sheets to look back at and put into practice

Scass
07-09-18, 20:53
I left mine well over 4 years, and it was fine.
The fear is the worst bit, have you booked it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MamaCass
07-09-18, 22:14
Ive booked it for a week monday, just the waiting game for the results when I finally have it done :blush:

racheleve
20-12-20, 07:47
I know this is so old but how did you get on? I am 28 and had at least 2 or 3 smears before age 22, and then they changed our start age here to 25. I spent the last 3 years with depression and have only just booked it now at 28 and I am just sick with worry. I have promised many deities that if they let me survive this I will never miss another one again 😭😆 logic brain says come on, you don’t have major risk factors, but the rest of me just cannot settle down. I haven’t been able to find anyone in a similar spot to talk about this with