PDA

View Full Version : Migraine with aura - seizure?

shotta287
07-09-18, 07:40
Hi all,
I’m back with yet another episode of HA. I have been getting a mixture of migraines infrequently for the past 8 years or so.
Some are just a migraine headache, others just the zigzag visual aura then no headache but sometimes both.
Yesterday an aura occurred and then I had an awful headache. Managed to drive myself home and leave work half day.
I’ve had a thought that what if I’m experiencing seizures of some sort?

ankietyjoe
07-09-18, 09:19
There is zero value in the 'what if' thoughts.

What if you crashed your car on the way home?

What if an asteroid hit the bit of road you were travelling down?

What if somebody dropped a snake from a plane that was travelling overhead and it landed in my lap, scaring my dog which in turn went berserk and bit my ears off?

The list of possibilities is endless, and the perusal of them pointless.

You are having migraines. There is no correlation between a migraine and a seizure.

HullSimplibus
07-09-18, 22:01
Hi all,
I’m back with yet another episode of HA. I have been getting a mixture of migraines infrequently for the past 8 years or so.
Some are just a migraine headache, others just the zigzag visual aura then no headache but sometimes both.
Yesterday an aura occurred and then I had an awful headache. Managed to drive myself home and leave work half day.
I’ve had a thought that what if I’m experiencing seizures of some sort?

Absolutely not.

I have had migraine with aura for a while now and i'm still here and functioning.