PDA

View Full Version : Just a girl with a panic disorder, OCD, and health anxiety...

PanickedGirl
08-09-18, 19:50
Hello! I'm just a gal, 27, from the US. I've been diagnosed with panic disorder when I was a sophomore in high school. For a long time, growing up, psychiatrists misdiagnosed me with ADHD until I had my first first, full-blown attack.

I deal with intrusive thoughts, which came to full-head in college, while I was in a relationship with an emotionally abusive boyfriend. Luckily, I had finally ended that relationship after someone helped me realize that I wanted to actually be appreciated.

I've always been a person that dealt rather poorly with illness, but it had gotten worse after my insurance forced me to go to a clinic with rather uncaring doctors last year. During that time, I dealt with complications on an antibiotic that rendered me unable to eat properly for several months. I constantly went to the clinic for reassurance and help, but they often gave me little time, brushed me off, and even scolded me. It was only after I went to the ER so many times that the doctors at the ER referred me to a GI doctor and I finally got the help I need. I was diagnosed with post-infectious IBS. On an even brighter side, my insurance finally let me switch to my old clinic after the whole fiasco was over.

Currently, I've developed a sinus infection, which has made me overly anxious because I thought I combated it 2 weeks ago, only to return with a more severe headache and dizziness. I was put on antibiotics, and I became overly anxious about being on antibiotics again, but I also feared that I would develop a brain infection if I didn't take it.

I started experiencing pain on the right side of my neck while I was lying down with my fiance, which turned into pain down my spine as I started getting anxious about it. The doctor I saw said to get help if I develop a stiff neck and I started panicking that I might have got meningitis.

I've just returned from a doctor who said he doesn't think I have meningitis, but I should try watching my spinal pain for a few days. I didn't feel very comforted and only cried more.

venusbluejeans
08-09-18, 19:58
Hiya PanickedGirl and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes: