PDA

View Full Version : Toe hematoma, or melanoma? Pic included

BazB44
09-09-18, 14:51
Kind of in a HA spiral the past day. Cant see a dermatologist for at least a month, and I cant tell if this spot on my toe is a hematoma or melanoma in the making. Its the big toe, left side of the nail. Can anyone chime in?

Fishmanpa
09-09-18, 14:54
At least it's not a poo pic :winks: Without looking and based on the dozens of other similar posts, it's a bruise. It'll be gone before you even see a derm.

Positive thoughts

lucymarie
09-09-18, 14:58
Bruise.

Elen
09-09-18, 15:07
looks like a bruise

Purple Blood
09-09-18, 16:30
Looks like you banged your big toe somewhere

AnxietyGirl30
09-09-18, 17:27
That doesn’t look like melanoma to me at all, I have something that looked like melanoma on my toe but thrankfully it turned out to be benign something called melanonchyia. Why is it such a long wait to see the derm, with my toe I was seen under a two week emergency referral so if you are waiting that long you can be assured nobody thinks it’s cancerous.

BazB44
09-09-18, 20:05
thanks for the responses. Its brownish/reddish, so at first I thought hematoma or bruise, but then the HA kicked in and I started to think other things.

AnxietyGirl30
09-09-18, 20:15
Yes I know what you mean I saw a red blood streak on my fingernail from hitting it off something and I went into panic mode so stupid. The colouring of yours doesn’t look anything like melanoma of the toe nail from what I’ve aeen

MRS STRESS ED
09-09-18, 23:11
l had the same my was black the whole nail yours is nothing stop worrying, my was bruised so is yours :lac: