PDA

View Full Version : Meningitis or Heat Rash?

cherryolivia
10-09-18, 00:47
Hi everyone! I haven't been here in a while as prozac has silenced a lot of my health anxiety. But today, I am absolutely freaking out! First of all, I do NOT have sensitive skin and never get bruises or rashes. In the past three months or so I have been bruising easier than I use to.

Today I noticed a rash on the back of knee (in the folds of my skin) that is non blanching that looks like it could possible be a meningitis rash. It does not itch at all, and is a little sensitive to the touch. Yesterday I did go on a hike in which I did sweat quite a lot, but I have never had a heat rash. I did feel very very tired yesterday but have not had any symptoms of fever or anything.. yet. I was super sensitive to the wind today in 65 degree weather.. I felt like I was freezing!! I will attach a picture.

Please help!

venusbluejeans
10-09-18, 01:26
You noticed it earlier in the day, if you had untreated meningitis for that amount of time then you would be very very unwell by now and maybe even have died..... so I am guessing that you are neither of those because you are writing on here :)

just trying to say that meningitis is a very fast pace illness, you can go from perfectly fine to very very ill in less than a couple of hours.

cherryolivia
10-09-18, 18:27
I also woke up with a stiff neck this morning!! No fever or vomiting.. but my neck hurts to bend forward!

Fishmanpa
10-09-18, 18:30
Still not meningitis :shades:

Positive thoughts

MagpieWitch
10-09-18, 18:31
Stiff neck is a secondary symptom of meningitis.
Primary are high fever, vomiting and extremely terrible headache.
Then the stiff neck, confusion, etc develops.

I can tell you why the stiff neck develops. It develops when the spine becomes inflamed, which happens with meningitis, since the fluid from the brain goes everywhere in the spine, so the body in order to prevent injury makes the spine stiffer to move - this is most noticeable in the neck. However stiff neck is no longer the only diagnostic criteria because it can happen with a lot of other things.
So you can't have a stiff neck without inflammation, you can't have inflammation without fever and the other symptoms.

And bad posture, stress and anxiety can really give you a stiff neck!

venusbluejeans
10-09-18, 19:57
You noticed it earlier in the day, if you had untreated meningitis for that amount of time then you would be very very unwell by now and maybe even have died..... so I am guessing that you are neither of those because you are writing on here :)

just trying to say that meningitis is a very fast pace illness, you can go from perfectly fine to very very ill in less than a couple of hours.

This but changing the first bit to ..... You noticed it yesterday, if you had untreated meningitis for that amount of time then you would be dead.