PDA

View Full Version : Aortic Aneurysm

HeavyCrazy
10-09-18, 15:32
Sooooo seems like i havent gotten over HA after all. oh well time for yet another battle!.

So i was laying on my stomach and working under a car then i suddenly feel a really hard pulse in my stomach. This ofcourse freaks me out in my head and i ofcourse had to google it up. And there it was my biggest fear. Aortic Aneurysm. I have actually felt it before but i didnt bother to search it up then.

Here is the main problem, some people on the internet said take ur two index fingers and place it here bla bla bla and if the aorta is wider than 2cm you should probably go and take a check on ur aorta... Guess what i can feel my aorta in my WHOLE stomach all over the abdominal area if i push down hard enough and lay down on my back.

But here is the other thing, since the Aorta is running behind my intestines etc could it be a false alarm? Maybe my aorta is just pumping very hard and it makes the intestines etc bounce up and down?

Anyways i feel like if i go to the doctor i will just be repeating and not get over this health anxiety. What do you guys have to say about this?

Fishmanpa
10-09-18, 15:34
Let's put it this way. In all the time I've been on the boards, not one person has passed away from anything other than natural causes.

Positive thoughts

HeavyCrazy
10-09-18, 15:36
Yeah well i probably know its all in my head, I've never been to the doctors about my health anxiety, i've always managed to just let it be and thinking to myself, if i die ill die of this symptom. But this right here just caught me way off guard. oh well. Thanks for the reply

Katie55
10-09-18, 16:54
Not sure this is any help but I have always, since i was a child, felt a hard pulse in my abdomen when I lay on my stomach. So, either it's perfectly normal or i have had an aortic aneurysm for 50-odd years (I bet it's the first option)

HeavyCrazy
10-09-18, 17:17
Thanks for the reply, it helps alot. I've pretty much made my decision now, i wont be visiting the doctors.

lofwyr
10-09-18, 17:26
I have an aortic aneurysm, and honestly, they almost never have any symptoms at all. Google tells you a lot about them, but I am a member of several support groups, and I do not know of a single person, out of hundreds, who had a symptom.

Everyone I know diagnosed with one was like me, diagnosed by chance prior to dissection while looking at something else, in my case a bad heart valve, or lucky enough to survive dissection.

It is highly unlikely mathematically speaking, that you have one. Numbers are between 6 and 25 out of a 100,000 people, and many have a family history. So odds are very good you have no issue at all to worry about.

HeavyCrazy
10-09-18, 17:41
I have an aortic aneurysm, and honestly, they almost never have any symptoms at all. Google tells you a lot about them, but I am a member of several support groups, and I do not know of a single person, out of hundreds, who had a symptom.

Everyone I know diagnosed with one was like me, diagnosed by chance prior to dissection while looking at something else, in my case a bad heart valve, or lucky enough to survive dissection.

It is highly unlikely mathematically speaking, that you have one. Numbers are between 6 and 25 out of a 100,000 people, and many have a family history. So odds are very good you have no issue at all to worry about.

Thanks for the great answer! Happy Thoughts :)