PDA

View Full Version : Flu / Fever 102 Scared :(

neptune296
11-09-18, 18:41
Hi everyone,

It's been awhile since I've been on this forum but I am really trying to keep my health anxiety at ease after yesterday I suddenly came down with body aches and fever.

It's been less then 24 hours but my temperature has been going between 100 and 102 pretty consistently. I'm just very scared it might be something really terrible. One of my co-workers had something similar so I feel like it's hopefully just that it lasted around 3 days.

I don't have any other symptoms besides really tired, fever, and body aches. I also went to the doctor they said it most likely isn't serious (hate when they say most likely)

Anyway just could use some support and maybe some feedback. I'm 26.

Thanks so much!
Nathan :hugs:

ankietyjoe
11-09-18, 18:47
That is an absolutely normal reaction to an infection and not even close to being a dangerous fever in any way.

There is absolutely nothing to worry about at all.

Drink fluids, rest and watch some TV or something to take your mind off it.

And if you google, I will find you :D

neptune296
11-09-18, 18:58
Thank you that was very reassuring. I can usually just let my health anxiety get out of control with so many scenarios :blush: . Hoping it'll go away soon.

ankietyjoe
11-09-18, 19:02
We've all been there! :)

I used to get really worried when I had infections, but honestly the best thing to do is anything at all to take your mind off it. Sleep, watch TV, talk rubbish on your phone on Facebook, read a book, anything.

pinkyd
11-09-18, 23:31
I'm sure you're scared. It's easy to do that to ourselves. You have a very mild fever, aches and pains. You're probably getting a cold. Best thing to do is rest, drink lots of water, and take tylenol for the mild fever, aches and pains. It's cold season. You're going to be fine.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk