PDA

View Full Version : Seriously freaking out

alcopop
11-09-18, 19:27
Hi everyone

I've done something really stupid and typically im now freaking out....
I took 4mg of diazepam this morning (about 9am)... and then (because my anxiety was so high) had three or four sips of lager approx 5% strength and poured the rest out.
I then started googling alcohol and valium dangers...and death is one of them (which I knew deep down from googling it before). By this point it was too late to make myself sick so now I'm in an even worse state of anxiety as I was before expecting to pass out and die or something... 😔

Any reassurance, similar experiences much appreciated!
Thanks!!

Sollace
11-09-18, 19:38
Whilst those dangers exist, there are people who do this sort of thing fairly often because they enjoy the effects.

I am by no means condoning the mixing of alcohol with medication, I am absolutely certain you will be fine. If people died doing what you'd done, the number of deaths related to anxiety medications would be through the roof.

rainbow
11-09-18, 19:44
Hi everyone

I've done something really stupid and typically im now freaking out....
I took 4mg of diazepam this morning (about 9am)... and then (because my anxiety was so high) had three or four sips of lager approx 5% strength and poured the rest out.
I then started googling alcohol and valium dangers...and death is one of them (which I knew deep down from googling it before). By this point it was too late to make myself sick so now I'm in an even worse state of anxiety as I was before expecting to pass out and die or something... 😔

Any reassurance, similar experiences much appreciated!
Thanks!!
I'm sure you'll be fine. I've been given diazepam for flying in the past and I usually have a glass or two of wine on the plane and have never had any bother at all. Hope that helps.

Fishmanpa
11-09-18, 19:45
Three or four "sips" is not a concern.

Positive thoughts

alcopop
11-09-18, 20:00
Thanks all, yes that helps a lot.

I know a few sips or swigs isnt much but my anxiety is so high right now that I can't rationalise anything... Thanks again. I will call on these comments in the future if I ever need to be reassured about this again