PDA

View Full Version : Laryngeal cancer?? or am I just being crazy....

NoCster
11-09-18, 22:02
For the past three months now I have had some weird things happen to my throat.

Symptoms, Loss of vocal pitch, Throat feels tight, Firm but movable lump on hyoid bone and lots of mucus.

Of course I googled it (Bad idea) and now I am anxious about cancer, I'm also 17 if that matters, never smoked in my life.

AMomentofClarity
11-09-18, 22:13
You’re 17. It’s practically impossible.
Live life, stay away from google

MRS STRESS ED
11-09-18, 22:14
For the past three months now I have had some weird things happen to my throat.

Symptoms, Loss of vocal pitch, Throat feels tight, Firm but movable lump on hyoid bone and lots of mucus.

Of course I googled it (Bad idea) and now I am anxious about cancer, I'm also 17 if that matters, never smoked in my life.

your certainly not crazy just sounds like your anxiety is playing up it makes us think the worst case senaro, given your age its very unlikely to be xx

Best wishes

NervUs
11-09-18, 22:42
Have you seen an ENT?

Incredibly, almost nonexistent odds of cancer given, but it could be something else you should deal with.

NoCster
11-09-18, 22:53
Have you seen an ENT?

Incredibly, almost nonexistent odds of cancer given, but it could be something else you should deal with.

No I have not, should I be concerned?

Fishmanpa
11-09-18, 22:59
Frankly, it sounds like every day normal allergies with a dusting of anxiety as well. It's been a particularly bad year for allergies too.

Positive thoughts

Blue23Blent
12-09-18, 19:30
I've been through the same thing different symptoms with my throat and what not. I've been to ENT though and he scoped me and said everything looked normal and promised me it wasn't cancer. Hopefully that's true!

Are you still having issues? My issues have been going on for like 3 months (Starting beginning of June)

I'm 30 but worry that I have contracted some sort of throat cancer some how!!!

NoCster
12-09-18, 23:24
I've been through the same thing different symptoms with my throat and what not. I've been to ENT though and he scoped me and said everything looked normal and promised me it wasn't cancer. Hopefully that's true!

Are you still having issues? My issues have been going on for like 3 months (Starting beginning of June)

I'm 30 but worry that I have contracted some sort of throat cancer some how!!!

What are your symptoms?

Blue23Blent
13-09-18, 00:03
You’re 17. It’s practically impossible.
Live life, stay away from google

What about someone who is 30 and has never smoked or drank and has only had oral sex with one person?

NoCster
15-09-18, 01:18
Thanks for the reassuring replies! Crazy how our brains can jump to the worst case scenario even when it's very unlikely to be.