PDA

View Full Version : STaple scratched me...chances of tetanus??

scaredpt
11-09-18, 23:28
I got scratched by a staple that was in a picture frame I was carrying. What are the chances of tetanus? I’m up on all my booster shots but I am so scared

AMomentofClarity
11-09-18, 23:33

nomorepanic
11-09-18, 23:51
zero but why is this worrying you?

lofwyr
12-09-18, 00:29
First of all, the chance is literally zero, unless the staple was rolling around in a farm yard.

Second, the fact that you are up on all your boosters means this would be a moot point, even if a long rusty nail in said barn yard had gone through your foot.

I would have to second Nicola's question, and of far greater concern, would be why this small thing triggered an HA episode, and if you are seeing a professional for HA, I would maybe contact them and see if they can work with you a bit. And if you are not seeing someone like a counselor or therapist, I would definitely consider it.

MyNameIsTerry
12-09-18, 01:59
Accept that your subconscious has produced these "what ifs" to try to trigger a cycle. Try not to feed into it with negativity. Try to allow it to have the right to exist in your mind but not add onto it to confirm to the subconscious that it's important to you.

scaredpt
12-09-18, 15:25
I am worried because it wasn't a brand new staple. It could've been old.

ankietyjoe
12-09-18, 16:09
I am worried because it wasn't a brand new staple. It could've been old.

You're still worried even though people have told you the chance it zero?

lofwyr
12-09-18, 17:15
I’m up on all my booster shots but I am so scared

Even if it were covered in tetanus, which it is not, you have your booster. You literally cannot get it.

scaredpt
14-09-18, 14:25
well now I'm nervous because one of my legs is really sore.

MagpieWitch
14-09-18, 14:36
1. Tetanus doesn't develop from scratches and cuts, it needs a DEEP puncture or cut where the sun don't shine as in oxygen can't get to (nails and bullet wounds for a reason were the main ways to get it.)

2. It says booster shots hold on 10 years but they might as well hold on for most of your life.

3. Booster shots mean even if you impailed yourself on a nail made of tetanus you will be fine.

I estimate your chances to get tetanus at 0.00%

Please if you can talk to a professional about these fears. We get so many cuts daily if we all worried from tetanus or even got it so easily, human race would eradicate itself.

ChocoOrange
14-09-18, 14:47
Zero. I once sliced the side of my finger off, on a farm, pressured it with a rag from said farm and didn't get a tetanus booster. That was seven years ago and I'm all good and so are you.

Elen
14-09-18, 15:08
You seriously need to look back on your own post history and see how irrational you are about every day things.

Perhaps that might jolt you into sorting out some proper help for your MENTAL illness

AMomentofClarity
14-09-18, 15:36
well now I'm nervous because one of my legs is really sore.

Why don’t you try reading/responding to one of the many reassuring responses you’ve been provided, instead of just reposting your concern time and time again.