PDA

View Full Version : 17 year old with health anxiety!

alexaxlau
12-09-18, 02:11
Hi guys my name is Alexa! Im 17 years old. So when i was 15, there was a month that year i had headaches nearly everyday. It frightened me and that lead me to google my symptoms which said i had a brain tumor. That was basically the start of my health anxiety journey. I started having panic attacks and feeling almost depressed everyday. My doctor reassured me that I was fine but that didnt stop me from continuing to worry. Eventually i got over that from the help of talking to friends that distracted my headache.
These last two months, it started again. I was super stressed and anxious over personal matters that caused me to lose so much weight, have stomach issues and losing sleep. Having stomach issues is the thing that im most worried about currently. Its been feeling super hard and tight and im so scared that it could be cancer or something else. None of my friends really understand what im going through, not even my boyfriend. I havent told my doctor yet about this because im scared of what im going to found out. Its been so hard these past two months i feel like im going to break down. I had about 3 mental breakdowns this month. Sorry for this long post but im excited to connect with people that are going through the same problems as me!

venusbluejeans
12-09-18, 02:18
Hiya alexaxlau and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes: