PDA

View Full Version : New Member

Cris1973
12-09-18, 12:04
Hi all,

Im new to the forum and hoping that speaking about my anxiety will put me back on the road to a calm life.. I seem to be getting more and more panic attacks mainly when i'm driving, the thought of driving on motorways and dual carriage ways fill me with dread. I can cope with driving along doing 50/60mph but the thought of having to overtake anything in the slow lane brings my attacks on.. I've always had a phobia of driving over bridges and over passes when on motorways so I've always avoided them. I feel that anxiety is getting the better of me and stopping me running a normal everyday life (whatever one of those is). I hate this feeling and feel i'm letting my family down by not being able to take long drives to visit new places or go on holidays to other parts of the UK. I have found myself now checking where i have to go and looking via google maps if i have to go on motorways or dual carriage ways and if i do i can feel my anxiety levels rising.. I know im not alone in feeling like this so thought i join this forum to chat to other people and see if talking helps.

venusbluejeans
12-09-18, 12:09
Hiya Cris1973 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes: