PDA

View Full Version : Horrible health anxiety...high blood pressure?

BamaGirl
12-09-18, 18:54
Hey guys. I'm 25 year old female. For some reason every time I go to the doctor they say my blood pressure is high. It was like 143/100 yesterday and every time I go. But when I'm at the doctor I am always anxious. I can feel the anxiety build within while they take my blood pressure...at home I feel normal. But now I'm scared...can anxiety cause high blood pressure? I'm not over weight and I dont smoke but in told I have high blood pressure!? Its making me scared thinking I could have a heart attack...:wacko:

AMomentofClarity
12-09-18, 18:57
It’s “white coat syndrome”. Very common for blood pressure to be higher at the doctor. Check it at the grocery store pharmacy from time to time, if it’s good don’t worry about it.

BamaGirl
12-09-18, 19:04
Oh thank you! I'm just always wondering why I feel so anxious when I walk in the doctors...as soon as I smell the scent of the place my heart starts racing. But that's a good idea I will check blood pressure at the store next time I go!

lucymarie
12-09-18, 20:30
I get this too Bama, fear of the doctors lol! Fear is a powerful thing that’s for sure

Weasley123
12-09-18, 22:29
My problem is I have a terror of thr machine I panic just looking at it. It’ll be high then loser 2 min later

BamaGirl
12-09-18, 23:42
Good to know I'm not alone!! Lol