PDA

View Full Version : Lymphoma/Leukemia fears?????

patroclus
14-09-18, 06:54
so today i found a petechiae rash on my upper thigh right above some small sore bruises that i don’t remember getting. the rash really scared me because i know petechiae is a symptom of things like leukemia and lymphoma. i also have a petechiae rash in a line shape on my arm that just showed up (an hour ago i didn’t have it!). on top of these, i have had a tender lump in my armpit these past couple months which i thought nothing of because i’ve been getting boils and staph infections off and on these past 2 years and figured it was that or a cyst. i also have two or three joints on my left hand that are abnormally tender lately (i even found a very small tender lump on the base of my ring finger when i was feeling around!).
anyway i was wondering if i should go to the doctor over this- i have a terrible fear of doctors so this would be incredibly anxiety inducing. i’m just worried i’m dying of cancer and don’t know it.
is it possible for these symptoms to be caused by medications? i’ve been taking lexapro (an ssri) for about 6 weeks now, alongside ativan when needed for ocd.
thank you

---------- Post added at 05:54 ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 ----------

Anyone??? I’ve been worrying about this nonstop for hours

Mocky444
14-09-18, 14:53
Hi,

I have CLL which stands for Chronic Lymphatic Leukemia, it was diagnosed during a blood test for gout, so you if you're worried, just get a blood test as the worrying will be doing you no good. I have pethicae spots and more are appearing all the time and i also have swollen nodes in clusters in the neck both under jaw and sides of neck.. groin is cluster swollen too and according to my hematologist, i am 2-3 years away from treatment now having been diagnosed in 2016. I had pethicae for years here and there and never thought anything of them in all honesty when i didn't have CLL... this can be things other than leukemia as far as i know. I suggest to get a blood test to rule it out mate.. better safe than sorry is my motto! I am sure everything will be fine... but i am no doctor and im as bad as anyone with anxiety lol