PDA

View Full Version : Thigh pain, but not really. Finding it hard to not call doctor on call

Jarofflies
14-09-18, 15:23
Can anyone give me some reassurance?

Basically I have not really a pain in my thigh, but like a muscle pull sort of

I'm almost 100% sure it's because I had one of those laptop tables with my laptop on my lap most of yesterday. I felt my thigh straight away after I took it off

Now today it's still sort of pulling when I walk, but it's not as bad as yesterday. It's almost like someone is sitting on my left thigh.

Starting to panic a little

Elen
14-09-18, 15:27
That is no reason to call the doctor on call, you have answered your own question as to the cause

Jarofflies
14-09-18, 15:41
That is no reason to call the doctor on call, you have answered your own question as to the cause

I know I'm trying to tell myself that. I can't think logically though when I get pains it's really annoying :ohmy:

Elen
14-09-18, 15:49
I know I'm trying to tell myself that. I can't think logically though when I get pains it's really annoying :ohmy:

It is a pain we all get them.

Ask yourself do you want to speak to a GP because it is serious, or do you just want some instant re-assurance.

If the latter, take a painkiller and move on

Katie55
14-09-18, 15:51
Can I ask what you are so worried about? I think you probably know it's not going to be anything serious. Definitely not worth getting an on call doc to look at it

Jarofflies
14-09-18, 16:33
Can I ask what you are so worried about? I think you probably know it's not going to be anything serious. Definitely not worth getting an on call doc to look at it

I'm instinctively thinking muscle disease or arthritis or something

Trying to tell myself I'm being silly

Elen
14-09-18, 16:40
Trying to tell myself I'm being silly

You got it, keep telling yourself that

ankietyjoe
14-09-18, 17:50
I'm instinctively thinking muscle disease or arthritis or something

That's got nothing to do with instinct, that's practised negative reinforcement. You are basically causing yourself suffering for no reason.

Do the opposite, practice the opposite for enough time that your negative thoughts are replaced with realistic ones.

lucymarie
14-09-18, 18:15
Doctors on call are there for non life threatening emergencies and people who cannot wait. It isn’t for muscle pain that can be attributed to a recent event. You have to ask yourself if you were one of the above people and the doctor was delayed because they were attending a non nessercary call, how would you feel? Even if it is some muscular disease as you say (it isn’t) it’s not something you need an on call doctor for. Take some painkillers, rest up and reassess in a few days if it doesn’t subside. Then you can book an appointment and be seen in the appropriate fashion.

Jarofflies
17-09-18, 10:13
Slight update:

For the most part the discomfort has pretty much all gone and if I'm distracted I completely forget about it

But does anyone kinda focus so much on something that it feels like something is wrong? Even though it doesn't hurt really I'm just really focused on it.