PDA

View Full Version : Irritated patch of inner cheek

nhelen79
14-09-18, 18:14
Hi everyone
My right back molar is very close to the cheek so It frequently rubs against it whenever I eat, and I also accidentally bite the area a lot. As a result the area seems buffy but the surface is still soft and not hard or thick.

I see dentist for dental checkup every 6months. In the past month I’ve seen my GP and dentist again to check on this because of my anxiety. They both said it looks fine after checkup. The dentist said I need to see orthodontist next year to fix the back molar or go to oral surgeon if I want to remove the area because I’m 5month pregnant right now. She doesn’t see anything worrying about the irritated area though but said that we will check everything every 6 months at dental cleanup, and if I notice anything strange come and see her. I asked directly what is the chance of OC (my fear). She said not unless you smoke or chew weed or your immune system goes low that can be a possibility.

I guess she tried to reassure me but I don’t feel too assured. But then I can’t do any of the above things because of my pregnancy right now. Feeling stuck, but I guess I need to trust both the GP and dentist for now right? What are the chances of irritated inner cheek by teeth can cause OC? The more I think , the more I get anxious :(
shall i go to an oral surgeon for a 3rd opinion?

Thanks for reading. I hope fishmanpa can see this too. His words are always comforting and logical.

nomorepanic
14-09-18, 18:43
You can't get cancer like that - not from irritation like that.

Trust them you don't need a 3rd opinion to be honest.

nhelen79
14-09-18, 18:52
thanks for your kind words, Nicola. I just asked my husband what would you do as a normal person (i'm considering myself not normal until i can get over my anxiety issue). he said the same thing like you just said.

Howanxious
10-01-19, 08:45
Hey there! I'm going through something very similar to this for almost 6 months now (with better and worse moments lol). I also get this kind of irritation/redness in my inner cheek when I eat and I also suspect that maybe I bite my cheeks during sleep at night.
I'm just 21 and I don't smoke and almost never drink alcohol but I still fear OC...