PDA

View Full Version : Horrible ALS fear

haleedelrey
14-09-18, 21:55
Hi, I am suffering from a ALS fear and I'm pressuming it is at it's worst. I have been hospitalized twice for my so called "symptoms". This is taking over my life.
A little back story I just delivered a baby in May. I'm 19. I have Graves Disease and hyperthyroidism.
Well about a month or two after my daughter was born I started experiencing some finger stiffness in my left than it also moved to my right I started googling and thought it was MS. Than my husband joked about ALS and being me I automatically identified with it. After I saw that the twitches everywhere started and than the weakness everywhere started and the balance issues.i also have tingles in my fear and hands and limbs. Sometimes I have pain in my hands too. I also think I have over production of saliva. I have seen a neurologist and endocrinologist and they all seem to think these symptoms are a combination of anxiety and my Graves Disease and see no reason to believe it is ALS. But I just CANNOT shake this. My fear is extreme. I have frequent crying spells scared I won't be here for my daughter or husband. But my fear just keeps growing Ecspecially since I have the stiffness and weakness in my hands but nothing to where I can't lift things. I can still fully stretch my fingers and move them freely. I just don't understand. Why me? Sorry if this is everywhere so am I.

nomorepanic
14-09-18, 23:29
Have you read this:

https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=196071

haleedelrey
15-09-18, 00:11
Yes I read it pretty frequently.... it no longer makes me feel better sadly. Thank you though

nomorepanic
15-09-18, 00:13
You can't really have ALS at 19.

What help are you getting?

Fishmanpa
15-09-18, 00:58
Between the medical professionals and the real physical issues you deal with, there's no way it's ALS. Your anxiety just won't allow you to believe it. I understand that sometimes facts don't make a difference but you're looking for reassurance and the best reassurance there is, are the facts themselves :shrug: Facts don't lie. Facts won't change over time. Facts are reality no matter what your mind keeps telling you.

Think of it this way... If you were outside, and your friend was saying the sky was green when you know it's blue, what would you tell your friend?

Positive thoughts

haleedelrey
15-09-18, 02:19
I really don't think you guys know how much it means to me for you to respond with your kind words. Nobody knows I'm going through this besides y'all. It has taken a tremendous toll. Thank you so much. Somehow deep inside I know your right but my mind won't let me believe it. It sucks

---------- Post added at 20:19 ---------- Previous post was at 20:18 ----------

You can't really have ALS at 19.

What help are you getting?

I just go to my Dr for my thyroid and I've been hospitalized for suicidal thoughts due to this belief.

nomorepanic
15-09-18, 12:02
Surely you need more help with anxiety though?