PDA

View Full Version : UTI & Antibiotics... never have been so scared

refreshingsanity
15-09-18, 01:23
On tuesday morning i got up to go pee. i found that unusual since i normally never do. after doing so, i felt the urge again. thats when i knew something was wrong. not necessarily an urge to pee but i felt burning down there. i am sexually active and i probably got something because 3 days prior i peed hours after sex (very unlike me). two days later, so yesterday, the burning senesation right after peeing started. the sensation went up to my stomach. i went to the doctor today and she did a urine test. She found leukocytes and blood (not seeable) in my urine, but no nitrites. which is still obvious of a slight infection. the only symptoms i have had have been gas, some back pain right now (super scared its kidney thing), more hunger, urge to pee, needing to go every two hours or so, and burning after peeing. these symptoms have been on and off. im just so scared because she prescribed to me cipro 500mg. ive never been on antibiotics except for penicllin or amoxcillin (had allergic reaction) let alone a uti, and am terrified. i told her it is a super strong antibiotic and ive heard (even says on the PRESCRIPTION INFORMATION) that it shouldnt be the first antibiotic given for a slight uti infection. i showed that to her and she said that its the right medicine. i kindly asked to get switched to something else but no luck. now my right side is hurting and i am freaking out. i have not taken the pills. i plan on starting tommorow morning because right now i am too nervous to even eat anything but am sooo hungry and ik i should take with a full meal. i got prescribed 3 days twice each day. i cant even swallow pills and idk i am just nervous. i bought probiotics (took rn) and plan to take dramamine if i feel nauseous (i am super scared of vomiting. havent done so since 2009).i am mostly scared for the stomach issues, since i already have bad gas and stools to begin with. im also scared itll turn into a kidney infection overnight. i have dmanose pills atm but even am scared to take those in case it is a kidney infection. i really dont want to take cipro. i cant change it, and my mom will be so mad at me if i dont take those pills. haha now im worried about appendicitis since i have dull pain on my right side and some back. i just need some words of advice. i am terrified the most ive ever been.