PDA

View Full Version : Stool obsessed, help!

Malsais
15-09-18, 05:36
I have HA for colorectal cancer ( my father and grandmother got it and both pass away).
My father struggle and passing hit me the most. Im Currently having what rhe doctor called hemorrhoid and now obsessed with my stool color, looking for blood, shape, why today stool is smaller diameter? Why is it shorter?? Every morning i become a stool examiner and every slight difference triggers me, anyone have the same issue??

nomorepanic
15-09-18, 12:01
Just do your business, don't look or poke or examine and flush the loo.

Malsais
16-09-18, 04:55
Yes i guess you're right... Anyone else have the same obsession problem??

jojo2316
16-09-18, 07:47
YES.
But Nicola is right. Look maybe once a week, say, to check nothing dramatic is going on, otherwise flush before you even get off the loo. Entire days can be ruined with this obsession!!

---------- Post added at 07:47 ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 ----------

Though since you do have a family history, colonoscopies every five years might be a good idea post 40. Have you discussed this with your doctor?

Malsais
16-09-18, 08:44
YES.
But Nicola is right. Look maybe once a week, say, to check nothing dramatic is going on, otherwise flush before you even get off the loo. Entire days can be ruined with this obsession!!

---------- Post added at 07:47 ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 ----------

Though since you do have a family history, colonoscopies every five years might be a good idea post 40. Have you discussed this with your doctor?

Yes, he suggest to do it every 2 years, post 40 as well. Dr google suggest me every 10 years :huh:

jojo2316
16-09-18, 14:00
That is great! Have you had a colonoscopy yet?

Drisque
16-09-18, 14:22
One day, for some reason, I decided to look at my stool before flushing (something I had never done before). I then would begin a downward spiral toward obsession and depression for half a year before I finally dropped $6k on a colonoscopy that revealed a healthy colon. My stool was flat, by the way, and still is. There are so many things that effect the size, shape and color of your stool and simple IBS is one of the most common, which is worsened by stress.

Malsais
16-09-18, 15:32
What do you mean by flat? Not round cylinder?

---------- Post added at 21:32 ---------- Previous post was at 21:27 ----------

That is great! Have you had a colonoscopy yet?

Not yet, im 31 years old, he suggest post 40, do you think I should get it?

Drisque
16-09-18, 15:39
Right. Tmi...The flatness of my stool has a range of oval to flat, pencil thin to slightly normal thickness and is never round.... ever. When I'm really anxious or am eating poorly they are usually very flat.

Malsais
17-09-18, 03:10
Right. Tmi...The flatness of my stool has a range of oval to flat, pencil thin to slightly normal thickness and is never round.... ever. When I'm really anxious or am eating poorly they are usually very flat.

Does the doctor know what causes the stool to shape like that?

jojo2316
17-09-18, 08:49
What do you mean by flat? Not round cylinder?

---------- Post added at 21:32 ---------- Previous post was at 21:27 ----------

Not yet, im 31 years old, he suggest post 40, do you think I should get it?

No - I think past 40 is fine!
You are fine...... just worried. So sorry about your dad

Drisque
17-09-18, 15:09
My doctor said it can be caused by contractions in the colon and/or the consistency of the stool.

Malsais
17-09-18, 16:31
No - I think past 40 is fine!
You are fine...... just worried. So sorry about your dad

Thank you, when he pass away it really blow me. I see him fight and struggle through the operation chemo, using the colostomy bag and see him lose the battle. It devastating for me to see him in such pain..