PDA

View Full Version : Feeling Better

Sue
08-01-05, 19:01
Hi everyone,

I hope you had a good Christmas and New Year.

Thought I would post as I havent been around very much lately. A year ago I wouldnt have believed how much my life has turned around now. I was housebound with agoraphobia and having constant panic attacks, it was the worst time.

After being off sick from my job of 20 years for nearly 6 months, they offered to make me redundant which I accepted. The job was quite stressful but the journey to get there was a nightmare and I am convinced that was what triggered all my problems.

I received CBT for 6 months which has helped me enormously. Also, this web site and all the lovely people on it not to mention all the information available has been invaluable. Megs Cd set is absolutely brilliant- she talks and I listen and it all makes sense.

I have a new job now. It doesnt pay as much but it is local and pretty much stress free and I enjoy it.

I do still get the odd dizzy moment and can feel the heart rate soaring but can usually distract myself now. I still cant drive on a motorway and I still havent resumed playing squash but I am hopeful I can overcome both of these hurdles at some point.

My advice is keep going and dont give up what ever happens.I gave up for too long and then it was doubley hard to make myself do all the scary things I had been avoiding. Small steps are still successes. I couldnt see this.

Sue

lainey
08-01-05, 19:08
Hi Sue

Well done you! I like you am on the road to recovery and it feels so good!

Take care of yourself

Elaine x

Meg
08-01-05, 19:12
Dear Sue and Elaine,

I'm so pleased things are getting better for both of you...

Many congratulations

Love

Meg

nomorepanic
08-01-05, 20:10
Hi Sue

A big well done to you. You have done so well to get back out there to work and resume as normal a life as possible [:P]

I wish you all the best for the future obstacles and remember that I am the expert at panciking whilst driving so I can help you with that too :)

Good luck and please keep us up to date with any more progress.

xx

Nicola

Karen
09-01-05, 00:06
Well done Sue. I'm glad you are feeling so much better and are happy in your new job.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

jill
14-01-05, 10:04
A big WELL DONE Sue.

You have worked sooooo hard to get where you are now:D
Keep up the good work and keep those positive thoughts going.

Good luck with the new job.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

May your troubles be less
and your blessings be more
and nothing but happiness
come through your door.