PDA

View Full Version : Yvonne uk 98 sad news

fluff
16-09-18, 21:11
Hi guys ive just had a message from Yvonne's partner, she sadly has passed away. Hes asked me to post this so you all know :(
She was such a wonderful woman xx

Magic
16-09-18, 21:26
Oh my goodness. I was just about to pm her. I am so sorry for all who new her, I will miss her so much. A good friend. Thank you fluff x

fluff
16-09-18, 21:39
She was lovely, her family etc in shock still. I not sure how or what happened but i pass everyone's kind messages on xx

venusbluejeans
16-09-18, 22:23
awww such sad news :(

http://vadodaradhwani.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/02a154_manos.gif

nomorepanic
16-09-18, 22:24
Oh no. I am in shock too. I never expected to hear this news tonight. Yvonne has been on NMP for so many years now (since 2009) and was always very kind to me.

Please pass on my deep condolences to the family and friends. Such a sad thing to hear tonight. :weep:

SarahNah
17-09-18, 00:39
Sending love and positive thoughts to all of her loved ones. That's so sad news.

Carnation
17-09-18, 01:10
That is sad news. Such a lovely person.
She will be missed. x

MyNameIsTerry
17-09-18, 01:45
This is awful news. Thanks for letting us all know, fluff.

I only really knew Yvonne from talking on the forum but I always found her to be one of the nicest, kindest people on here. She didn't seem to have a bad thought about anyone and had a sort of innocence about her that was lovely. She kept trying to improve herself and challenge her fears.

Condolences to her loved ones. Riley & Misty will be lost. :hugs::hugs::hugs::flowers:

https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=168042

She had a thread for prayers and if you asked she would always say a prayer for you or those you asked for one for. I hope someone is able can say one for her from us all.

Elen
17-09-18, 07:57
What a shock, like the others she always came across as a very kind and gentle person.

My thoughts are with her friends and family.

pulisa
17-09-18, 08:32
Very sad and shocking news. Her poor family..Thank you for telling us, Fluff.

LouiseAndy
17-09-18, 11:31
I never spoke to her personally but I kept up with a few of her threads. She seem so lovely and kind.
Condolences to all of her loved ones x

KK77
17-09-18, 14:29
This is such sad and unexpected news. Yvonne suffered a very traumatic early life and had just started to move forward and leave the past behind her. I was one of the first members to speak to her on NMP and remained in contact ever since. She was as gentle and kind in real life as she appeared on the forum. I will miss her dry sense of humour and caring nature.

I understand this is a very difficult time but would appreciate a contact address to pay my last respects.

Condolences to all her family and friends.

RIP Yvonne.

Fishmanpa
17-09-18, 17:57
Very sad to hear this :weep: RIP Yvonne...

Positive thoughts to the family

Buster70
17-09-18, 19:20
So very sad to hear this , the site may be anonymous but we get an insight into each other's lives and daily struggles , I think most people on here would have come across Yvonne's threads at some point , we do start to becomes freinds , she will be sadly missed .
R.I.P Yvonne.

MRS STRESS ED
17-09-18, 22:43
:grouphug:l thought it would be fitting to say a prayer for Yvonne and her family as she always said prayers for everyone god bless so very very sad xx

Lola-Lee
18-09-18, 03:21
Just logged on and so very sad too hear about Yvonne:weep:She was always,too me kind and thoughtful,I will remember our jokes.

My deepest sympathy too all her loved ones.:weep:

ladybird64
18-09-18, 13:23
After many years away from here, to find out Yvonne has died, it’s very sad. Such a traumatic childhood and difficult adult life, yet she was never bitter, and she always thought of others, even while she had her own struggles.
My deepest condolences to her loved ones at this heartbreaking time.

Goodnight Yvonne, safe journey and may your God be with you xx:weep:

Suziewuzie
18-09-18, 21:34
Gosh this is very upsetting. I never spoke to the lady, only really followed her most recent thread but didn't want to scroll past this without commenting. Love and light to all those who had the pleasure of knowing her x

diane07
18-09-18, 21:51
So very sad to hear this news. She was such a lovely lady. Deepest thoughts are with her loved ones xx

Phuzella
18-09-18, 22:40
Very sad news. RIP Yvonne xx

KK77
19-09-18, 12:52
Catherine S asked me to express her "fondest love" and sympathies to family.

fishman65
19-09-18, 15:59
Just seen this thread and I'm shocked and saddened. I only knew her fleetingly and remember when she prayed for me. My sincerest condolences to her family and all who knew her. Such sad news :weep:

pulisa
19-09-18, 21:18
I think we need to keep Yvonne's tribute thread at the top of the Depression board so members can see it easily..

Homer47
19-09-18, 21:41
So sorry to hear

Catherine S
19-09-18, 22:26
Thank you KK for sending my condolences on my behalf, as I was having issues after changing the browser. Very sad news...RIP the lovely Yvonne, her posts were very much appreciated :flowers:

Cath S x x x

MyNameIsTerry
20-09-18, 17:48
I think we need to keep Yvonne's tribute thread at the top of the Depression board so members can see it easily..

Agreed.

I'm glad to see more & more people are posting. I'm always dismayed at the lack of responses to people on here with serious problems or bereavements and I'm sure you feel the same.

fishman65
20-09-18, 18:00
I agree with that too.

pulisa
20-09-18, 20:32
Agreed.

I'm glad to see more & more people are posting. I'm always dismayed at the lack of responses to people on here with serious problems or bereavements and I'm sure you feel the same.

Yes I do.

Scass
20-09-18, 20:37
May she rest in peace. Condolences to her family, and to those of you who knew her or were touched by her. From the way you talk about her on this thread she was a very special person who will be missed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BikerMatt
20-09-18, 20:52
This is so very sad.

What a shock. RIP Yvonne xxx

vicky23
21-09-18, 15:12
She obviously touched a lot of lives, in person and online. Bless her soul XXX

KK77
23-09-18, 14:10
Bumping for any members who might have missed this thread.

Pipkin
23-09-18, 16:22
I missed this news and I am so sad to read it. Yvonne has been on here longer than I have and she was always there for people who were suffering.

She will now have peace from the difficulties she struggled with and, whilst not my beliefs, she will now be with the God she was so devoted to.

Rest in peace you lovely lady

Pip xxx

KK77
24-09-18, 00:42
Bumping for any members who might have missed this thread.

BUMP

clarisse
25-09-18, 00:03
I'm so very sad to hear of Yvonne's passing. She was such a gentle and caring lady.She never gave up in her struggles of life.
Bless you Yvonne.
Sending love and sympathy to your family and friends.xxx

EmmerLooeez
18-10-18, 20:01
I haven't been around that much and completely missed this thread. I'm shocked, does anyone have any further information as to what happened?

Poor Yvonne and her poor family. Rest in peace lovely. Xx

littleme92
19-10-18, 02:48
Yvonne sent me a pm when I was feeling very depressed and it really helped me at the time. We pm'd each other a few times since then and she was such a genuine lovely person. She was so helpful and kind hearted. I am so shocked that she has passed away. R.I.P Yvonne xx

Richard1960
19-10-18, 23:38
Never really knew her on here but I knew the name seeing it often, very sad news sounds like she was well liked and respected RIP to her . very sad.

KK77
22-12-18, 21:39
Not forgotten, Yvonne.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/43/Candle_%28Slava_celebration%29.jpg/220px-Candle_%28Slava_celebration%29.jpg

pulisa
23-12-18, 08:30
A time of sadness and reflection for Yvonne's friends and family.

And also for her friends on NMP.

ladybird64
23-12-18, 09:28
Not forgotten, Yvonne.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/43/Candle_%28Slava_celebration%29.jpg/220px-Candle_%28Slava_celebration%29.jpg

KK, while there are people who remember her selflessness and kindness, both on this forum and away from it, she will never be forgotten.
And considering how much she contributed to NMP over the years, one would hope (and expect) that this thread will be pinned to the top of this board by admin, as was suggested earlier on. It would be a fitting tribute to a kind and gentle lady. In our thoughts Von x

pulisa
23-12-18, 17:38
I would hope this thread would be pinned to the top of this board too, Ladybird.

I think it's a priority at Christmas time and a mark of respect to Yvonne.

swgrl09
23-12-18, 20:08
Oh goodness, I somehow missed this when I popped in briefly a few weeks back. I am so saddened by this. Yvonne was so kind to me on here and through PM. She always checked in on me and was so thoughtful. She worked so hard every day and was such a fighter and kind spirit. I’ll be thinking of her a lot. <3

KK77
23-12-18, 20:50
KK, while there are people who remember her selflessness and kindness, both on this forum and away from it, she will never be forgotten.
And considering how much she contributed to NMP over the years, one would hope (and expect) that this thread will be pinned to the top of this board by admin, as was suggested earlier on. It would be a fitting tribute to a kind and gentle lady. In our thoughts Von x

Totally agree, Cmrd LB. NMP was an important part in Yvonne's recovery and a special place for her.

She should never be forgotten.

Pkstracy
28-12-18, 05:19
Rest well sweet Lady.

Magic
28-12-18, 14:58
Just want to say how much I miss you. My friend Yvonne.

emily67
20-01-19, 09:54
Hi guys ive just had a message from Yvonne's partner, she sadly has passed away. Hes asked me to post this so you all know :(
She was such a wonderful woman xx

I will miss yvonne here

she was a lovely person and kept going and trying to stay positive no matter how she felt

RIP yvonne

lior
03-02-19, 23:52
So sad to hear this. I remember her and I haven't been on this forum in ages.
Now she is at peace.

KK77
02-04-19, 13:27
Wanted to update this thread as I spoke to Yvonne's partner recently.

Sadly, it turns out that Yvonne suffered sepsis from a leg wound, and despite treatment, didn't pull through. Mercifully, it was a very short illness and she never suffered in pain.

I deliberated long and hard before posting cause of death here but decided her friends on NMP ought to know as she was a member for many years.

I also wanted to bump this thread for any old members who might have missed it.

RIP Yvonne.

WiredIncorrectly
03-04-19, 01:33
I didn't even see this post! Yvonne spoke with me many times and I'm sad to learn of this news. RIP Yvonne <3

pulisa
03-04-19, 08:07
Poor Yvonne. What a terrible thing to happen to such a kind and selfless lady.

Thank you for telling us, KK. I do hope this thread is given more prominence now because many members will have appreciated Yvonne's support and kindness over the years.

ladybird64
03-04-19, 09:11
I spent a few years on NMP, and credit it with giving me the support to get myself better. I must admit, some decisions made here baffle me though. Given the amount of love, care and support Yvonne gave to others while going through her own trauma, is it such a big thing to ask that this thread be stickied? Is there a particular reason admin are against the suggestion?
If it’s a case of “we’d have to do it for everybody”, well, how many regular contributors to the forum have passed away? I know of four, and that includes Yvonne - and I joined the forum back in 2008. There are stickies all over the place on the other boards. Why not this one, on this board?

Could admin respond to this please? Thanks.

WiredIncorrectly
03-04-19, 09:15
I spent a few years on NMP, and credit it with giving me the support to get myself better. I must admit, some decisions made here baffle me though. Given the amount of love, care and support Yvonne gave to others while going through her own trauma, is it such a big thing to ask that this thread be stickied? Is there a particular reason admin are against the suggestion?
If it’s a case of “we’d have to do it for everybody”, well, how many regular contributors to the forum have passed away? I know of four, and that includes Yvonne - and I joined the forum back in 2008. There are stickies all over the place on the other boards. Why not this one, on this board?

Stickying this would be a very good idea. If this had not been at the top of forum yesterday I'd have never have seen it.

MyNameIsTerry
03-04-19, 14:07

It might be better on another board as an announcement but then Yvonne was more a poster on this board so a memorial of support to her seems appropriate here and I see why people want it. This thread shows how people come together and support each other even though most of us never meet. It may give others hope that they are not alone and this is a place for them.

MyNameIsTerry
03-04-19, 14:10
KK, thanks for posting that. I never knew Yvonne like members such as you did. We spoke on the forum but I thought she was such a friendly, caring and respectful person.

If this had to happen there is some comfort in her not suffering before she left.

nomorepanic
03-04-19, 14:28
What I may do is a memorial thread for all those members we have lost and then people can pay their respects to each of them as they wish.

WiredIncorrectly
03-04-19, 14:31
What I may do is a memorial thread for all those members we have lost and then people can pay their respects to each of them as they wish.

That's an awesome idea!

KK77
03-04-19, 14:46

Would it not be easier to create "In Memory Of..." or "Memorials" sub-forum in "Other Announcements" and then just move this and similar threads there?

Would be a great idea to have memorial for Yvonne either way. She would be very grateful to NMP :D

MyNameIsTerry
03-04-19, 15:12
Sounds like a nice idea. Obviously no one wants to see this thread lost and there is one about someone I never knew, Granny Primark, and older members raise annual threads for her. It shows how nice the forum is that people get so close and newbies/watchers can be assured by that.

There may be some anonymous ones too. Some members who disappeared or wanted it kept to a close circle.

nomorepanic
03-04-19, 15:21
Would it not be easier to create "In Memory Of..." or "Memorials" sub-forum in "Other Announcements" and then just move this and similar threads there?

Would be a great idea to have memorial for Yvonne either way. She would be very grateful to NMP :D
Yeah I can do that and move the posts in there.

nomorepanic
03-04-19, 17:39
Now created and I will move this thread and others into the new sub-forum

KK77
03-04-19, 20:12
Thank you, Nic :D

KK77
05-04-19, 20:35
Wanted to update this thread as I spoke to Yvonne's partner recently.

Sadly, it turns out that Yvonne suffered sepsis from a leg wound, and despite treatment, didn't pull through. Mercifully, it was a very short illness and she never suffered in pain.

I deliberated long and hard before posting cause of death here but decided her friends on NMP ought to know as she was a member for many years.

I also wanted to bump this thread for any old members who might have missed it.

RIP Yvonne.

BUMP

swgrl09
07-04-19, 23:56
Just popped in again because I was thinking of Yvonne for some reason today. I miss her.

swgrl09
07-04-19, 23:58
Thank you for the update, KK. I was wondering what had happened and am grateful for you sharing.

KK77
17-09-19, 20:02
One year since Yvonne passed away...time flies by so fast.

You haven't been forgotten, Yvonne. RIP forever.

https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/image.php?u=25855&dateline=1318284340&type=profile

LouiseAndy
18-09-19, 00:45
Rest easy, you sweet soul x

MyNameIsTerry
18-09-19, 01:47
Thanks KK.

I can't believe how fast that year has gone!

Yvonne was a lovely soul and I'm sure she will be remember on here for a long time. :hugs::flowers:

ladybird64
18-09-19, 08:54
So much can happen in a year :weep:
Remembering your kindness Yvonne, we will ensure you’re never forgotten. Rest in perfect peace.

Carnation
18-09-19, 10:03
Sending hugs for the people that miss Yvonne. :hugs:

pulisa
18-09-19, 13:32
By far the most important and significant thread on NMP today. Let's hope it gets the acknowledgement it deserves...

RIP Yvonne xx

Darksky
18-09-19, 13:54
God bless you Yvonne. Your online family will never forget you.

HalfJack
21-10-19, 23:10
I've just come back after a while away, and I was hoping to see some familiar names, Yvonne being one of them, greatly missed by so many x

swgrl09
27-05-21, 17:58
Not here very often anymore but found myself thinking about Yvonne. Miss you, Yvonne.