PDA

View Full Version : Numb Chin Syndrome

panicperson
18-09-18, 16:38
Blugh- spiral of anxiety here....
Woke up with a feeling of a cut/ulcer on bottom right lip. However none can be seen and instead it has caused tingles and numbness in lip and chin area. Doing what someone with HA does; google informed me that this symptom known as CNS) is a serious concern of metasaties, where a primary cancer is usually later found. Prognosis is 5months. Not sure next steps- reassurance from GP not helped and the dentist said no infection. What do I do now :-(
I want to go to Accident and Emergency, demand a head/neck scan. But realistically it’s not and A&E issue. Not sure if I want advice, reassurance or just acknowledgement of the feeling of dread, worry and being totally pre occupied by worry!
If only I didn’t wake up with this numbness 😞

nomorepanic
18-09-18, 17:41
Has the numbness now gone though?

A&E doesn't work like that as you know.

panicperson
18-09-18, 17:47
Nope- it’s hard to explain, it’s not numb to touch but feels strange and an odd sensation. Just annoys me how I went to google and had to convince myself the worse case

nomorepanic
18-09-18, 17:49
See how it goes in a few days. Doesn't sound serious to me though

AMomentofClarity
18-09-18, 22:30
Google would tell you that waking up at 8:01 instead of 8:00 this morning is a sure sign of cancer.

panicperson
18-09-18, 22:35
I find myself reading medical research and articles, which I don’t quite understand but I read between the lines and get to the bit that says death!
Making myself physically sick

AMomentofClarity
18-09-18, 22:57
I find myself reading medical research and articles, which I don’t quite understand but I read between the lines and get to the bit that says death!

Don’t do that then. Find something else to occupy your time.

panicperson
19-09-18, 07:06
If only it was that easy though. Trying to find a cure for my symptoms so I can stop worrying. Not sleeping etc

Fishmanpa
19-09-18, 13:03

That's it in a nutshell and is the main reason people get into the states we see on here. We can tell you to stop Googling, see a mental health professional and offer pages of advice but words on a screen can't actually stop you from shooting yourself in the foot. Ultimately, it's up to you to take real life steps to address negative and self destructive behavior :shrug:

Positive thoughts