PDA

View Full Version : Thyroid nodule with calcification

zebra
19-09-18, 13:56
Hi, I am 38yrs old, no healthy problem, in January 2017 two hypoechoic nodule in my thyroid were found, one was in the longest axes 11mm, the second one 8mm. I had FNAB (needly biopsy), it came back OK, colloid benign nodules-both. in August 2017 i had ultrasound, no changes, yesterday i had ultrasound, no changes, in the smaller was tiny calcifications, but i was told it was there already in august 2017, but nobody told me that. i have to come for another control in september 2019, doctor told me everything is ok.but i am freaking out abiut the calcification, i found on the web that tha presence of calcifications is ofthe the malignancy patern...:-( is here anybody with thyroid nodule with calcification? thank you very much!!

pulisa
19-09-18, 14:15
The FNAB is definitive-your nodules are benign not malignant. You don't have to be checked again until next September so it's very good news.

I have 3 large benign nodules which I am having rescanned next month. No idea whether there is calcification because I accepted the benign bit with relief and didn't google anything.