PDA

View Full Version : MND worry!

JHAG86
19-09-18, 19:08
Hi

I am 32 and for some years now have experienced muscle twitching all over my body. This has been for at least 3-4 years. However recently I feel it has got worse. It is constant all day every day and occurs all over the body. There is no one place it happens. It can be my legs, arms, abdominal area or even face.
Sometimes it occurs with pain. I am now seriously starting to worry about possible Motor Neurone Disease as I know this is one of the symptoms. I also am fatigued all the time.

Has anybody else experienced this? If so have you had any diagnosis of anything?

Thanks for listening

TylerB
22-09-18, 17:50
I have these symptoms and this worry also. You just have to remind yourself that your symptoms are fuelled by anxiety. If you had a disease, you would have known it by now. In fact, after twitching starts, if you don’t notice any profound weakness within the first 3 months, the twitching if just related to anxiety/BFS. I’ve been a twitcher for over a year now. Technically I’m stronger than ever, but yesterday I had an episode of particularly aggressive lip twitches almost right in the middle. First time I’ve felt it so strongly there. They went away. They will probably come back again. But it’s just part of being a twitcher.

Fatigue, dizziness, perceived weakness, twitching, aching are all ways that anxiety can manifest itself. It seems unreal that it can do that, but it’s 100% true and you must constant battle with your thoughts to keep them from fearing the worst. PM me if you need to chat.