PDA

View Full Version : May need to see a dentist?

Clydesdale Epona
19-09-18, 23:21
Sorry if this is the wrong place to put it but I don't know much on how dentists work and that's quite sad but basically.
For a few days I've had sort of sensitivity in a tooth or two and now tonight one really hurts(in the gum just under it) now obviously I'm terrified of an abscess despite not noticing any other symptoms yet and teeth being in fairly good condition. But my issue is how would I go about seeing a dentist? Do I just find and go to one? I am I think entitled to free healthcare as I'm under 19 and go to college just not sure how to access it.
My biggest worry is I'm going up country tomorrow until Tuesday and I'm worried if it's an abscess that if I leave it I'll get something bad and die :/

nomorepanic
19-09-18, 23:32
You aren't going to die from it to be fair.

You need to call a dentist when you find one and ask if you can see them for free. It is that simple.

BikerMatt
20-09-18, 12:48
You can search for an NHS dentist by entering your postcode on the NHS website. It will tell you if they're taking new patients. If you're entitled to free dental care then you will get it.

As for an abscess, if you do have/get one you're NOT going to die.