PDA

View Full Version : Another bad night, same old head/neck problems.

breeze25
20-08-07, 04:00
I can not believe the ups and down of my life at the moment, I have truely up days when I feel that I can take on the world, and feel I have reached a point of no return and will get better.

I have been having on-going head neck problems for months, started after a very stressful time, my neck and right shoulder hurt in some positions, and now and again its hurts in the back of my head (just up from the neck), when I am having a good day I know its all connected and once I have my physio appointment I will be much better and can take it from there (its 3 weeks away), but then when having down times no matter how hard I try those negative thoughts creep in and fester away.

For the past week I have been having pins and needles and tingling feeling in face, hand and legs/feet, I know this again is probably anxiety related, but still all adds up when the dark cloud decends.

i was ok last night until I tried to go to sleep and laid on myright side and it felt as though I had a knife in my head, I moved position and it felt better, but within the space of about 5 seconds I had hold feeling and had to take deep breaths while I tried to push the irrational thoughts in my head.

It feel so real and I worried this is yet another start of my constant worrying about my head/neck.

I have had blood tests and xray done on my neck/shoulder and nothing there, so I know its probably muscular, but its the world might that I am struggling with.

am not taking any medication att he moment, and really dont want to go down that route, so if anyone can re-assure me / about my head/neck that would be fantastic, I just want to get to my physio appointment and then look forward.

Sorry if I have bored you all again, it really helps to let it out.:)

breeze25
21-08-07, 20:25
I really feel like I cant go on much more, today I noticed that my hands felt really weak, and spent the whole day focusing on them, and now of course I can barely type they are so weak. I am feeling so worthless and pathetic at the moment, and frustrating that a couple of weeks ago I felt on top of the world.

nomorepanic
21-08-07, 21:00
Sounds to me like you need either new pillows or a new bed.

neon_skyline
21-08-07, 21:44
i had a terrible tension headache which went and was replaced by tingling around my head and in my face which whenever i really worried about it also spread to my hands and feet.

make sure you're sleeping in a good position for your head and neck and keep good posture throughout the day because this might ease the pain. maybe try a head and neck massage too? this could help release the tension.

i sometimes get terrible headaches in bed, but for me it was me lying still and having the chance to think scary thoughts rather than the position i was in. when it happens i get out and have a walk around and don't go back until i am tired and relaxed.

i hope you feel better soon :)

xxx

Itzomi
24-08-07, 00:30
I think you should spring for a massage. It's so helpful!!

Southern_Belle
24-08-07, 01:12
Hi,

I have the same problems and have had physical therapy twice. I try to move my shoulders up and down and move my head in a circular motion every morning when I wake up. I also do this throughout the day. These exercises were given to me by my PT. Also, move your arms over your head one at a time and stretch. I have a pillow that supports my head, this is very important, it was expensive but so worth it. I do hold tension in these areas so it is very important to stretch. I hope this helps and you feel better soon.

Laura

p.s. Hot showers or warm baths help too. :)

breeze25
24-08-07, 08:47
Hi,

I have the same problems and have had physical therapy twice. I try to move my shoulders up and down and move my head in a circular motion every morning when I wake up. I also do this throughout the day. These exercises were given to me by my PT. Also, move your arms over your head one at a time and stretch. I have a pillow that supports my head, this is very important, it was expensive but so worth it. I do hold tension in these areas so it is very important to stretch. I hope this helps and you feel better soon.

Laura

p.s. Hot showers or warm baths help too. :)

Many thanks for the helpful tips, I will definately do them.

I have a memory foam pillow, but have had that for a month and it doesn't seem to be getting any better.

angie3077
24-08-07, 14:41
Hi Mev, so sorry to hear you are feeling so fed up at the moment. It sounds like some sort of trapped nerve problem to me, especially when you say you notice when you lye down in bed. That is probably a mixture of the long and stressful day you may have just had and maybe that you may be lying in an awkward position?? I know tension especially effects these areas you are having problems with too. Do you need new bed/pillows?
I know how you feel with the down times you mention, no matter what anyone says to you- even the doctors....you make your own mind up about what it is you are suffering with, but on the other hand when you have your good days where as you say 'you can take on the world' - you probably then realise how irrational your thoughts were? - but it doesnt make it any easier when the next time comes around when we are not feeling as strong as we do the irrational thinking all over again!! Complex human beings ain't me! lol
But you are not alone there, think we are all guilty of beating ourselves up and making ourselves feel 10 times worse. All that said I think you should be very reassured that you have had these x-rays and scans which have revealed NO problems and that you now have physio booked - which suggests its only a muscular problem, it WILL get better with time and the right excercises - which the physio will give you.:hugs:
Take it easy on yourself x

Angie x

breeze25
26-08-07, 14:27
thanks angie, I have actualy just taken off my mattress topper (memory foam) and my neck feels better each morning that I wake up, that could be connected as my problems started around the same time that I got it.