PDA

View Full Version : Neck Pain-radiating to shoulders, headaches

bc171
20-09-18, 18:21
Hello Everyone, been a little while since I have been on. Currently dealing with some pretty bad neck pain at the base of my neck where my shoulders meet my neck. Also feels like it is radiating to my shoulders and collar bone area. Getting some pretty decent headaches from it. Mind continues to HA going crazy with what this could be. Been dealing with for a few weeks and doesn't feel like a muscular thing. Anyone deal with this? Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks.

nomorepanic
20-09-18, 18:23
Why do you not think it is muscular?

max86
20-09-18, 18:27
First of all it can be muscular... I think it's hard to tell
Second, it could be a bunch of non serious things like an AC that was on you, you had a "bad" sleep on your pillow, etc...

I had a neck pain for about 2 weeks and just gone.

bc171
20-09-18, 19:21
Thanks for the replies friends. No scientific reason for it not being muscular, I've had muscular pain before and it just feels different. Obviously this is probably just my HA playing tricks on me.

Pkstracy
19-03-19, 06:17
I have neck pain like that once every few months, it's due to posture when sitting or laying , I am actually having this now. Also stress and anxiety and tensing the muscles can cause it

BlueIris
19-03-19, 07:14
Agreeing with everybody else. Stress, drafts and poor posture can all be the culprits for this.

ErinKC
19-03-19, 13:56
I feel like I'm a broken record around here when it comes to TMJ, but it could be that! I have suffered with terrible migraines, neck pain, and shoulder pain, on and off for years and could not figure out what was causing it.

Finally I got bad tooth pain and in the process of figuring out if I needed a root canal my dentist diagnosed me with TMJ and my doctor confirmed that could be the cause of all my issues!

It sounds crazy, but if you're grinding your teeth during the day or in your sleep it can cause all that pain!