PDA

View Full Version : Breast Dent

murrymeg
21-09-18, 17:04
I am new here so forgive me for any mistakes. I am pretty sure I am ok, but I’m having panic and obsessive worry. In July I had a full diagnostic mammogram and ultrasound after seeing two great OBGYNs for clinical exams and one gyn. APN. None of them felt anything suspicious. As far as I can tell, I don’t either , but my breasts are so lumpy and fibrous, I have a hard time knowing and feeling confident about it . When I raise my arms I see more of an indent on my left breast. It kind of follows the curve but not exactly-. On the mid to lower outer area . I can kind of see one on the right, but not quite the same and not as pronounced. . I have taken pictures and haven’t seen a change since July. I am having trouble not rechecking my breasts, about three times a week. I’ve read where people have had a dent as their only symptom and nothing showing up until they have an MRI. I am scheduled for a 6 month repeat mammogram to “make sure it’s all stable.” Per the radiologist report. So I am 120 days out. I’m aware this sounds extreme. I am having a hard time putting this to rest and enjoying my life. I do have OCD, clinical.

nomorepanic
21-09-18, 17:11
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

Leslie735
21-09-18, 21:51
I have a vertical indent on my right breast that is on the lower outside of my breast. If appears when I lift my arm. I had it fully checked back in early 2016. I had a mammogram and ultrasound and breast MRI. I even saw a surgeon, he concluded it's from getting older (31 at the time) and having kids sd weight change. He said it's lazy ligaments. If you pull on the skin does it go away? If so it's a skin change and not breast.

Blue23Blent
21-09-18, 23:01
I always have a hard time "trusting" the doctor. I've had issues with my throat and tongue. I've been to regular doctor, ENT, and had a CT scan done by a radiologist. I still have a worry that something serious is happening and I still have symptoms.

I believe it's mainly cause I can't stop thinking about it and have obsessed over "checking" my throat and tongue constantly.

Hope you're doing well

murrymeg
21-09-18, 23:18
Thank you both. Yeah, I think it would go away if I press my breast tissue into that spot, it rounds out.

Leslie735
22-09-18, 03:04
I definitely see it on both sides. It must be your normal. But my dent looks extremely similar. Pm me your email address and I'll send you a picture of it.