PDA

View Full Version : Back again unfortunately

Anxiousamyj
21-09-18, 22:28
I've managed to keep my HA in check these past few months. I've been feeling pretty good, but it's seeming to be ramping up again. I have had a recent bout of some weird bowel stuff and the burning feeling in my backside has returned. I think I may have a fissure, but not sure. I've been worried about this off and on since January. Surely if it were something sinister, I'd be able to tell by now? I had some tests done back in the winter/spring, including 3 digital rectal exams and a fecal blood test. All were ok. I guess I'm just looking for reassurance that it's ok. I have been checking myself again and did Google a bit today. I haven't been to the doctor since June, but that was for a different matter. My doc has prescribed Zoloft, but I don't want to take it. I just don't understand why this burning feeling has come back. I looked there and I think I can see what looks like a cut. Should I try and get in with the doctor, or just wait this out and see if it's just HA? I'm so disappointed in myself for getting worked up again.

Anxiousamyj
22-09-18, 02:32
Does anyone have experience with symptoms like this coming off and on for so long? Would I be noticing some other symptoms 9 months later if it was cancer or something really bad, or is that still too soon? I feel ok for the most part otherwise, and have gained back all the weight (plus a little!) that I lost earlier this year at the worst of my HA.

SarahNah
22-09-18, 02:51
I'm sorry you're feeling this way! I'm sure you're fine! My Dad has a lot of issues back there- won't go into the very tmi details of it all. He'd be very sick within a week or two without any treatment or testing. So after nine months I'm sure you'd be very, very ill! (Not that's a good thing at all!, it's good that you aren't.) My friend was born with a serious medical issue in that area and yet she only gets tested every 18 months! So I don't think they'd miss anything in the last few months!

It wouldn't come or go either. Gaining weight is a good sign also!

I have blow/stomach issues myself....I do get burning after certain actions. I also get it sometimes...as the area can be very tender!

We all fall down from time to time!! I k now I have fallen down in a big way. I'm sure you're just fine!! Don't be to hard on yourself x

Anxiousamyj
22-09-18, 02:59
Sarah,
Thanks a lot for your kind words, it really helps when I’m feeling like this. It’s so hard, the rational part of me is pretty sure I’m fine. The ha part screams that I have a horrible disease. I saw that you’re struggling right now as well. It makes me feel better just knowing that I’m not alone. I’m confident that we both will beat this and be stronger. I don’t want to live my life like this. Thanks again for the kind reply.