PDA

View Full Version : Worried that I have sepsis or c diff.

elswordfish
30-08-18, 23:28
I am having such anxiety over this. Where to start. I was afraid I had oral cancer. I posted a thread about that. I went to the dentist and they told me I just had an abscess. It is on/above my right eye tooth. They made me an appointment to have the tooth out on the 11th of next month and gave me antibiotics.

Well. My anxiety is driving me crazy now. I read where people die of abscesses. I have read about antibiotic resistance. Etc, etc. I cannot stay off of google. I had a serious meltdown last night believing I was gonna die and my internet was off and I couldn't find anything to assure me that things were going to be ok.

I called my dentist yesterday and they said I can make it to the 11th. But, I don't believe them. Because they also said that I could go to the emergency room or emergency dentist if I need it. I'm not in any pain or anything. It's just my anxiety getting to me over it.

I've been on antibiotics since Monday afternoon and the swelling may or have not went down. My mind plays tricks on me a lot and I cannot tell.

I keep thinking it's gonna go to my brain or that I now have endocarditis. Even though I have no symptoms. This morning I thought my heart was murmuring after seeing something online about endocarditis. Turns out it was just beating really fast because of the anxiety.

I am convinced these things are not working. Even though I saw that it can take 5-7 days for the abscess to completely go down with them. I keep thinking it's in my jaw, or it's gone to my brain, or that I have endocarditis from it or will get it after it's pulled. I cannot stop praying and begging God for my life. Begging my mom to waste money she does not have on me so that I can go back to the dentist sooner if they can get me in. I am having a breakdown. Please someone help me out.

lofwyr
31-08-18, 00:05
People have lived months and years (albeit in agony) with abcessed teeth and gums prior to widespread adequate dental care.

It might not be fun to live like that, but it takes a long, long time to spread to the point of killing you, and that is when you are not taking antibiotics.

Also, there is no way the dentist would let you go that long if they thought it would kill you. In one study, they followed 61,000 people with abscesses. 66 died, and they died because they ignored the abscesses. Your chance of being killed in a car accident on your way to the dentist is higher than your chance of dying from an abscess.

elswordfish
31-08-18, 00:39
Thank you.

One of the reasons I am so worried over it is because I keep having phlegm and I think it went to my lungs. But, I'm not even in any pain with the abscess. Yet, I just keep thinking it went into my jaw and down to my lungs. Ugh.

But, I am probably having phlegm because I keep crying and anxiety can cause phlegm and I'm also eating a lot of dairy.

The tooth has hurt on and off for a year. Since it broke. But, I am always checking my mouth and feeling for things every day. And, I didn't feel this till last Thursday. So, I've had the abscess/place on my gum for a week.

Also. I am not sure if it's shrinking or if it's moving higher into my mouth. Can the knots with absesses move around? It feels like a slippery bean under and above my gumline. Almost to the top of my mouth where my lips meet my gums.

Car wreck huh. I trust my mom driving more than I trust this weird thing. But, I believe you.

ErinKC
31-08-18, 02:18
I've had multiple abscesses in my mouth from one problem tooth. First, I got a root canal and a year later or so got such a bad abscess that it started to drain through my gum. I had to get another procedure, but that didn't work and a few months later it was back, because apparently there was a crack in the tooth since the root canal... so I probably had bacteria lurking in there for almost 2 years. So, then they pulled the tooth and it's been fine since then.

elswordfish
31-08-18, 07:26
What's worrying me is how bad I feel though. I feel like I am in a waking dream. Everything seems off and different. I keep checking my face and it seems puffy to me even though my mom told me it wasn't. My arms and legs don't feel like mine. I feel detached and dizzy and my heart is racing. My vision is also a little blurry. At least I think it is. I feel really jittery and easily startled to.

I really feel like my anxiety is up extremely bad. It's probably what's causing all this. But, I'm really scared.

I also saw that the pills they put me on can cause anxiety as well. So, those antibiotics on top of my already existing anxiety cannot be good.

---------- Post added at 06:26 ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 ----------

I'm getting worse anxiety wise. I cannot stop thinking about it killing me.

That tooth has hurt for a year. On and off for a year. Yes, the gum abscess just came up last week. But, I am afraid that the abscess has been there that long. What about abscesses that have been there that long.

I am feeling spaced out. I don't feel normal at all.

MagpieWitch
31-08-18, 10:08
What's worrying me is how bad I feel though. I feel like I am in a waking dream. Everything seems off and different. I keep checking my face and it seems puffy to me even though my mom told me it wasn't. My arms and legs don't feel like mine. I feel detached and dizzy and my heart is racing. My vision is also a little blurry. At least I think it is. I feel really jittery and easily startled to.

I really feel like my anxiety is up extremely bad. It's probably what's causing all this. But, I'm really scared.

I also saw that the pills they put me on can cause anxiety as well. So, those antibiotics on top of my already existing anxiety cannot be good.

---------- Post added at 06:26 ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 ----------

I'm getting worse anxiety wise. I cannot stop thinking about it killing me.

That tooth has hurt for a year. On and off for a year. Yes, the gum abscess just came up last week. But, I am afraid that the abscess has been there that long. What about abscesses that have been there that long.

I am feeling spaced out. I don't feel normal at all.

I am sorry you feel this way. I felt this way too last week and it's the worst feeling that I wouldn't wish on anyone in the world. But this is just a confirmation that it's anxiety and not in fact anything from your abscess.
My father is a maxilofacial surgeon, so basically when dentists go wrong he has to right it. And he says people with open sinuses, open jaws and cheeks live nice lives even if they keep betting abscess. My dentist has another patient my age and she had a tooth that resisted antibiotics yet the girl is fine and having fun!
Trust me, if it was an emergency they really wouldn't risk it.
Also don't read on google because those kind of scary stories are rare and I know my fair share of them (I've had this fear too) but my dad who has a 35 year career says he only saw one in his life. That's very rare.
Please don't worry and we are with you till the 11th on this forum!

elswordfish
31-08-18, 13:49
Thank you Magpie! :)

---------- Post added at 12:49 ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 ----------

Ok. I can taste it draining out.

Which is scary to me because my brain is toying around with the thought that I have a resistance to the antibiotic. Which, is probably just my anxiety...right?

MagpieWitch
31-08-18, 15:17
Thank you Magpie! :)

---------- Post added at 12:49 ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 ----------

Ok. I can taste it draining out.

Which is scary to me because my brain is toying around with the thought that I have a resistance to the antibiotic. Which, is probably just my anxiety...right?

Draining abscess is actually a good thing you know, it means that it's not staying inside and that's good. I got abscess on my wisdom tooth last year and drained it myself, so trust me it's nothing to be worried about. The antibiotics will work give them time!

elswordfish
14-09-18, 07:50
I finished my antibiotics course about a week ago and now my pain is back in the tooth that has an abscess above it. I had a dentist appointment on the eleventh. But, I had to bump it up to the 25th due to financial issues. I am feeling horrible and I'm so scared the infection is going to kill me. I went to the ER Monday night and had blood work done. They didn't find anything. But, still. I am feeling dissociatiated and just plain weird and I have been for 2 weeks even when on the antibiotics. The hospital told me that was just my anxiety but I'm so worried it's more.

I plan on calling the dentist tomorrow and getting more antibiotics. But, I'm so worried it won't clear it up.

AnxietyGirl30
14-09-18, 07:59
My partner had an abscess for a very long time before he even bothered going to the dentists and he is fine. I think your anxiety is making you think these thoughts. There is no harm in calling the dentists anyway to let them know what’s going on and they will be able to advise you what you need to do. Are you on any painkillers ?

elswordfish
14-09-18, 08:10
I'm on ibuprofen.

It helps a little.

I'm so scared and nobody's listening to me. Even the doctor at the ER said this abscess didn't look that bad. But, I feel so dizzy.

jimmymcgill
14-09-18, 08:24
Hi, hopefully it'll help you to hear I've experienced every type of dizziness in the book from anxiety (head rush, simple disorientation) and I'm still here. It was never fatal. What do you believe people aren't listening to you about?

elswordfish
14-09-18, 10:43
That they are not listening to how bad I say I feel. I feel like I need someone to do an MRI because I am so scared that the abscess spread to my brain. I cannot get that thought out of my head. I'm freaking out.

Elen
14-09-18, 10:48
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen

You have also had rabies scares in the middle of the abscess going to kill you scare, it's no wonder that you are feeling awful.

MagpieWitch
14-09-18, 11:58
Symptoms of abscess spreading to ypur brain are very very severe and not the "I don't feel good" type but the "I feel very bad and people around me see it too and I am rushed to the hospital with very high fever and swelling"

A friend of mine who goes to the same dentist as me had abcess so bad 3 different courses of antibiotic couldn't kill it and they still don't know what to do with her. So relax she is doing better than fine she is on vacation. Teeth are not so dangerous and those abscess killed me stories are rare and it's when there has been no treatment at all. Plus the 25th is close and you will get that tooth out and never think about it again.

elswordfish
14-09-18, 12:54
I am so incredibly dizzy and that is what is worrying me the most. I just feel like I am a marionette puppet and someone else is controlling how I move.

The hospital is on the verge of getting my insurance cancelled. Because I have been in there way too much here lately. And, they cannot seem to find anything wrong. Even though they have not bothered with scanning my brain.

I felt some better (little to no dizziness) on Wednesday. And, last Friday there was a glimpse of it clearing up as well. But, then it came back in full force. I am just so concerned about this abscess and no one is taking me seriously at all.

I can touch my chin to my chest. My neck isn't sore, and I don't have a headache or a fever. But, this is nagging at me.

MagpieWitch
14-09-18, 13:03
Three years ago during the height of my anxiety I was constantly dizzy. I remember it clearly as I went to sign up my papers for college how I waited for 45 min and the room around me was spinning and I had to stand in the corner. It was anxiety back then and yes it can cause something as scary as that.

Please try not to get your insurance cancelled so you can get that tooth looked at on the 25th and generally it is good to have insurance. Also a brain scan won't show anything not visible to the eye when it comes to infections - they show up in bloodwork abd bloodwork is requested if you have a fever which you don't. And brain scans are for blood clots, strokes, thrombosis and cancer. Even if you can see the infection no one will request a brain scan when infections have very very clear symptoms visible to any doctor.

elswordfish
14-09-18, 13:34
I had blood work and nothing came back fishy. I'm not sure if they tested for that though.

I would assume so though.

I just got more antibiotics. I have to go pick them up in a bit. Back to not sleeping.

Magpie. Did it feel like you were walking on a trampoline or air and being pulled around like you were not in control of your body?

This stopped on Wednesday. I am concerned as to why I cannot get it to stop again.

MagpieWitch
14-09-18, 13:52
This will make me sound like a crazy person (more than usual) but I had some VERY stressful situation last month. And I felt my limbs cutting off, like my head will drop down to the floor, like I was falling through the floor, like my arms/legs were bigger than they were, I had sudden feeling of all limbs going numb, the room spinning, my arms giving out completely, feeling like I'm gonna fall and be crushed into the ground and feeling as if someone is pushing me into the ground. All anxiety.

elswordfish
14-09-18, 17:36
Thank you Magpie. It's ok. You don't sound crazy. It was just anxiety.

---------- Post added at 16:36 ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 ----------

I went to my GP and he said it wasn't anything to worry about. But, to have the tooth out ASAP because it could go to my brain.

Yeah. I'm still a nervous wreck because he didn't seem to take me seriously either.

Elen
14-09-18, 17:39
[/COLOR]I went to my GP and he said it wasn't anything to worry about. But, to have the tooth out ASAP because it could go to my brain.

Did he really say that, and no response to the rabies fear that you have had in the middle of this?

elswordfish
14-09-18, 17:53
I'm not having problems with that anymore.

And, yes. He said that it could be possible. And, that I need to get the tooth out ASAP. But, my appointment isn't till the 25th and I cannot afford to have it out before then.

Elen
14-09-18, 18:01
I'm not having problems with that anymore.

And why do you think that is?

elswordfish
14-09-18, 18:32
Because I didn't die I guess.

Elen
14-09-18, 18:43
Because I didn't die I guess.

Or because your HA has latched onto something else?

elswordfish
14-09-18, 18:49
This is possible though. Unlike the rabies. I have a pretty bad infection in a top tooth.

A dentist at another forum told me that unless I have an underlying condition like cancer or lymphoma that there's zero percent chance of this going to my brain. Since he was in the business for fourty years maybe I should take his word for it. But, the symptoms keep getting worse. Could be anxiety though.

MagpieWitch
14-09-18, 20:10
The dizziness and such are not "symptoms" they can very easily (and most likely) be attributed to anxiety. I told you all the sensations I felt a month ago from anxiety.

I am really sure that nothing will happen from your tooth. My father is also a maxilofacial surgeon and I mentioned to him and he just gave me The Face as in "Maria please". And also my friend who is currently bathing in one of my country's best lakes still has her tooth abscess and I dont think she plans on going to the dentist anywhere soon. So it's really not a death situation and there will be no brain spreading and such!

elswordfish
14-09-18, 20:37
Now my neck is hurting some. But, then again. I haven't had much sleep.

Maria. Thanks for talking to your dad about this. It helps knowing from someone who works around this kinda stuff that it won't happen.

MagpieWitch
14-09-18, 20:43
Your everything can hurt from anxiety. I know a lot of us here take the neck stiffness as a certain sign of meningitis but it's not. Neck stiffness comes in late with meningitis, it's just in the diagnostics criteria since headache and fever on their own can be other diseases. Everyone focuses on the stiff neck but it's not a symptom that appears first. Please try to relax your neck and also get a bit of sleep if you can.

elswordfish
15-09-18, 01:12
Yeah. It cleared up after a little bit of sleep.

I'm gonna try and crash again for a while. That's the issue with the antibiotics I'm on. The doctor is like "nope, we still can't space them out more than 6 hours" on this second dose. I'm like. Woo boy. Here comes less sleep again. Haha.

elswordfish
15-09-18, 11:10
I am scared this is going to my sinuses. I feel a bit of pressure right next to my nose. Could it do that?

MagpieWitch
15-09-18, 12:02
Anxiety can cause facial pressure thats nothing like sinus pressure. I had it for 2 weeks, did a CT on my sinuses and they were crystal clear. So anxiety.

Also since it's teeth you are thinking of maxilary sinuses. Few years back I had a bacterial infection there and they didn't cause pressure they hurt like crazy. Also one very interesting thing is that with maxilary sinus infection your teeth hurt when you climb stairs, stomp your legs or jump. So a little pressure around the nose it's no concern and probably just anxiety!

elswordfish
15-09-18, 12:41
I hope it's just the anxiety. It kinda feels like my face is burning and numb along with that pressure.

MagpieWitch
15-09-18, 13:01
Yeah that is definitely anxiety, my face has been going numb, burning up and being tingly the entire past month. You don't have a sinus infection, you will have a lot of pain and also serious infections without a fever are not a thing.

Also the 25th is not that far away, 10 more days and you will have that out. Believe me nothing will happen in those 10 days, just try to relax.

elswordfish
15-09-18, 13:25
I hope not. I am still freaking out. It burns so bad. It probably is the anxiety though.

I'm also shaking like I have the chills.

That's probably anxiety too.

I had issues with it burning once before 2 weeks ago and then it went away.

I think I am gonna call the dentist Monday and beg for my appointment to be moved up.

MagpieWitch
15-09-18, 13:30
Honestly if that eases your anxiety and get's that pesky tooth out, then maybe its for the best. I do hope once the tooth is out and dealt with, you can resume your normal life and not worry about it anymore.

elswordfish
15-09-18, 18:32
My tooth is really in pain now. It hurts extremely bad.

I took some ibuprofen. Hopefully I get some relief.

elswordfish
16-09-18, 05:27
I'm truly sick. I know they are not gonna believe me at the hospital. But, I am throwing up and everything. I have so much pressure in my head I cannot set up for more than 10 mins. My vision is extremely blurry in my left eye. I feel like I got hit by a truck.

I'm still not running a fever though.

Fishmanpa
16-09-18, 07:26
Can I ask? If you're feeling so awful, why are you posting here instead of being at Urgent Care?

Positive thoughts

elswordfish
16-09-18, 08:58
I went to the hospital finally. I was having trouble finding a ride. I have an upper respiratory infection because of this tooth.

I'm scared it could be worse. Like a lung infection caused by the bacteria. They didn't want to draw blood. The doctor thought it was unnecessary.

ETA: I called the hospital and spoke with the doctor again. He said that my lungs sounded normal.

Fishmanpa
16-09-18, 16:05
The bottom line is that it's been two weeks since this worry started and it hasn't killed you nor will it. No doubt you feel like poo but once you get the tooth sorted, things will improve.

Positive thoughts

elswordfish
16-09-18, 16:32
I sure hope I'll be fine. I just took my temp and it said 99.0. I took it again right after and it was normal.

I'm more inclined to believe it's normal because I took it 2 more times after that including once with another thermometer and those readings were also normal.

I am also feeling a bit better since around 9:00am.

elswordfish
16-09-18, 23:02
Well. There's a hole in the abscess now. For some reason it broke open.

I don't even think I have an actual upper respiratory infection now either. Even though the doctor said I did. I left home for a bit and could breathe out in my city where there's barely any greenery. I came home and I cannot breathe again and I noticed that outside my house it smelled like a perfume bottle exploded. Looked online and the pollen count has been sky high for days and is today too. I'm very allergic to pollen.

I don't really feel bad right now. In fact I felt normal until my anxiety started taking hold again about 2 hours ago. I'm trying to fight it some and I haven't went into a spiral yet. Thank God.

I am gonna call the dentist tomorrow and see if I can get my appointment moved to this week instead of next.

elswordfish
17-09-18, 06:24
I'm freaking out again thinking that it is going to my brain. I'm having some numbness in my upper sinuses now.

elswordfish
17-09-18, 18:49
Now it's in my forehead. I am freaking out.

The numbness is scaring the Hell out of me. My anxiety has spiraled once again. I feel like I'm going to puke.

I had my appointment moved up to tomorrow. I am now afraid I will die before then.

MagpieWitch
17-09-18, 21:55
You won't die before your appointment. Also I am pretty sure you can't have numbness in your sinuses, but anxiety can make parts of your head/body feel numb.
I am no doctor but I know you won't die till your appointment tomorrow. And tonorrow they will put an end to your worries I'm sure. Try to relax.
And keep us updated tomorrow!

elswordfish
18-09-18, 00:43
I took a nap. Woke up and I still feel terrible.

Everyone keeps telling me it'll be ok. Except for my dentist who said that it could happen. But, that it was highly unlikely. So, of course I took that to mean. "Yeah, this is what is making you feel bad. You're gonna die"

I keep trying to calm myself down. But, all the little sensations won't go away. Yesterday they did for a bit and I could only think. " Looks like God is gonna let me have one day of being normal again before I die"

I cannot take my mind off of this. I am so scared. I feel like I cannot accept I am going to be ok. Because, no one else knows how I feel in my body right now.

I took my temperature upon waking and I still don't have a fever. But, I read where someone didn't have one with a brain abscess and only found out they were abscessed when they had a seizure. So, of course my body threw me into a fake seizure type feeling. I had to talk myself into saying "this is my anxiety." And snapped out of it.

It feels like this ordeal has gone on for a year even though it's only been three weeks. And, some of these symptoms like feels like the back of my head is numb has happened before tonight. That is the thing that sent me to the hospital the first time. And, deep down I know it's just my anxiety.

elswordfish
18-09-18, 19:29
Went to the Oral Surgeon. They said it could happen. But, it probably didn't in my case.

I am still not feeling right. They still didn't pull it today. They think I can wait two days. I don't know. I want a CT scan so much. Just to be 100%. And, no one will give me one because they don't believe I need it.

I want to punch a wall.

Also. I talked to some dentists on reddit and they don't seem to think I have a problem either. Why can't I feel normal then.

MagpieWitch
18-09-18, 23:46
You are scared thats why. I was convinced I had rabies and cavernous sinus thrombosis the other week. I "knew" I had them even though I didnt. Don't underestimate the power of fear and our subconscious. It is very very powerful and can consume us.

The chances of you having it after a doctor said you didn't and so many people are saying you don't and on top of it without classic clinical presentation are so incredibly low, the Earth being hit by a comet right now is more possible.

Two days won't change much. You don't need a CT scan and all that radiation. If there was something other than anxiety in your head, there would've been real symptoms. We are here for support for the next two days.

elswordfish
18-09-18, 23:48
I spoke with someone today who told me his abscessed tooth turned into meningitis and that the hospital up here sucks at diagnosis.

Ugh!

I don't have a fever still and I don't have a stiff neck. Right now I am kinda feeling normal unless I start to dwell on the situation again.

MagpieWitch
18-09-18, 23:51
I know that personally I say "what if I am the exception" when presented with facts, but think about it how many people world wide have abscess teeth right now and don't develop serious complications like meningitis?

Pamplemousse
19-09-18, 00:55
I had an abscess above two of my teeth - which had rotted - and was completely unaware of it until the preparatory work was undertaken for fitting crowns. Although I remember the pain whilst they were draining, which was relieved by taking a paracetamol/codeine combination, the worst thing by far was the smell: I tried not to speak in company for days, it was that bad...

elswordfish
19-09-18, 02:58
I will probably keep silent for a few days then. Haha.

Not many Magpie. The focus that it could be me is so insanely frightening though that I am actually starting to feel my anxiety spikes and I think that's where a lot of the symptoms are coming from. If not all. The only one really bothering me at the moment is the feeling of coldness in the top of my head. And, I'm sleepy. That guy I spoke to said he got sleepy all the time. Then again. In my case. It could be because I have barely slept in three weeks.

MagpieWitch
19-09-18, 12:58
It can still be anxiety. When I was scared from my sinus infection the other week, I had a day when I was so sleepy and tired that I could barely move or talk, all I wanted to do is sleep and I couldn't even keep my head up.

And the cold head thing is 100% classic anxiety, I used to get that a lot when I was stressing over exams last year. In fact it was so warm in my room and I felt my head being cold like my scalp while I was working on a really big project. None of these are symptoms of brain infection or meningitis.

Please don't read cases and threads and such. There are medically rare cases of any disease but that's so rare on top of getting meningitis from abscess rare.

Anxiety has this sneaky way of making symptoms vague enough that can fit any disease and Dr. Google has this way of saying that every symptom can be from a deadly disease. Headaches, feeling sleepy and such symptoms are present in almost ALL illnesses and we also all get these symptoms regularly without any illness. You are most likely sleepy from anxiety, because when you are anxious even when you sleep your mind doesn't really sleep. It kinda goes on standby but doesn't sleep.

elswordfish
20-09-18, 01:51
I woke up feeling ok but now I am feeling like all my muscles are tight and I am being dragged down. Anyone else ever feel that?

MagpieWitch
20-09-18, 15:22
That is anxiety, like I am pretty sure any brain tooth abscess or whatever cannot cause such vague and undefined symptoms.

Few years back I was part of another online anxiety forum and one person said "if the symptoms are vague and undefined and you cannot really accurately describe them, it's probably anxiety."

elswordfish
20-09-18, 17:34
That is anxiety, like I am pretty sure any brain tooth abscess or whatever cannot cause such vague and undefined symptoms.

Few years back I was part of another online anxiety forum and one person said "if the symptoms are vague and undefined and you cannot really accurately describe them, it's probably anxiety."

I kinda feel like I have sepsis.

I feel like I am sick as a dog. Except I'm not puking or running a fever.

I feel incredibly weak.

Fishmanpa
20-09-18, 17:39
But you're not sick enough to post instead of going to urgent care or emergency dentist so I think you're ok.

Positive thoughts

elswordfish
20-09-18, 20:50
I just got home from the dentist. The jerk of a tooth is out. I am feeling some better. But, still kinda meh...I think it is just anxiety.

The dentist is apparently also a doctor as well. Told me I don't have anything wrong. So, I hope he is 100% as both. He was great as a dentist. No pain when it was being taken out. Just a lot of pressure. I was so hopped up on laughing gas I was cracking jokes.

MagpieWitch
20-09-18, 21:09
I am very happy it all turned out so well! :yahoo:
Now you can work on your anxiety and you have more experience on all the weird symptomd it can cause.

Fishmanpa
20-09-18, 21:45
I just got home from the dentist. The jerk of a tooth is out. I am feeling some better. But, still kinda meh...I think it is just anxiety.

The dentist is apparently also a doctor as well. Told me I don't have anything wrong. So, I hope he is 100% as both. He was great as a dentist. No pain when it was being taken out. Just a lot of pressure. I was so hopped up on laughing gas I was cracking jokes.

The bottom line is that it's been two (now three) weeks since this worry started and it hasn't killed you nor will it. No doubt you feel like poo but once you get the tooth sorted, things will improve.

https://media.giphy.com/media/Wf8lxu79Yv5za/giphy.gif

Positive thoughts

elswordfish
21-09-18, 03:10
Ok. I still cannot quit worrying about sepsis. I have a little red bump on my leg that looks like a petechichi. (Sp)

I know abscesses can lead to sepsis. I cannot stop thinking about it.

MagpieWitch
21-09-18, 19:59
I don't think you can get sepsis like after so long especial with the tooth being out. Spesis is a complication not a condition.
You also need fever and other serious symptoms for it, it won't come like a surprise and without symptoms. I think you still have anxiety.

Fishmanpa
21-09-18, 20:16
Ok. I still cannot quit worrying about sepsis....I cannot stop thinking about it.

The dentist is apparently also a doctor as well. Told me I don't have anything wrong.

Positive thoughts

elswordfish
22-09-18, 06:23
I got that abscessed and infected tooth out on Thursday. Since even before then I was freaking out thinking I had sepsis. I am still worried about sepsis. Well, back to worrying about it. Because someone told me about when they had it and that they also had night sweats (I had them twice) and chills. And, they told me to get to the ER. Well. The thought of sepsis had left my mind before I read that. I was on to C-Diff. Which, I am taking Clindamycin so I could have it. But, I am only having diarrhea occasionally and I am not having stomach pains.

Still. I am more scared about sepsis. I am not running a temp though. Low or high. I'm normal for myself. And, my BP and heart rate are good. I have a few little red spots on me though. They may be flea bites from where my dog brought some in. But, I cannot stop spiraling thinking sepsis. I felt great from yesterday until I read that. Other than some anxiety in the background and a couple of panic attacks. I am still convinced I don't feel like myself though. But, I am wondering if that is depression/anxiety.

I am eating normally, my vitals are good like I said, and I'm not puking or anything like that. Still. I'm so damn worried about sepsis. Ugh.

StephA
22-09-18, 12:53
You said you were worried about sepsis since before you had the tooth out, but sepsis doesn’t take a few days to get worse. Sepsis goes from bad to worse in a hurry! I’ve had C Diff three times and from my own personal experience, it goes from bad to worse rather fast too. Taking Clindamycin, I would advise you to go to the pharmacy and get some good probiotics. They make one called Florastor which isn’t killed off by antibiotics. Other probiotics should be taken around two hours before or after taking your antibiotic. Otherwise they’re uselsss, according to the Infectious Disease doctor who treated my C Diff case. Clindamycin is harsh, but I’m sure there are folks who take it with no issues. I won’t go into ALL the details about my C Diff experience, because this is an anxiety forum and I’m not going to fuel that. Just know that if you have it you won’t just have diarrhea a couple of times!

lofwyr
22-09-18, 15:03
Having seen my father go through a c diff infection in a hospital stay, it is dramatic. There is really no speculation, honestly. He was very, very sick.

Fishmanpa
22-09-18, 15:17
From your previous thread about this....

Ok. I still cannot quit worrying about sepsis....I cannot stop thinking about it.

The dentist is apparently also a doctor as well. Told me I don't have anything wrong.

Positive thoughts

nomorepanic
22-09-18, 15:32
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

elswordfish
22-09-18, 18:30
Woke up and wasn't sweating.

Still scared though because it felt like I had a hard time peeing.

I was horrible on Thursday morning and early afternoon. Then felt better. Then started to feel bad yesterday afternoon after an anxiety scare over something else. But, really got bad around midnight last night after reading someone on reddit who's had sepsis tell me I need to get to the ER because the night sweats could be caused by sepsis. Now I am right back to feeling confused and foggy headed about things. Especially when I try and sleep or I'm falling asleep. And, when I woke up both times. I am also having dreams related to hospitals.

Also my feet felt a bit clammy last night. Even though my mom felt them and told me they weren't sweaty.

---------- Post added at 17:30 ---------- Previous post was at 15:19 ----------

TMI a bit. But, my poop is odd. It looks like blended up grass. It's very green and kind of mossy looking. Could be the greenish blue coloring in the pills. But, I don't know for sure.

I am not cramping or going often. But, still.

Fishmanpa
22-09-18, 18:40
You've been cleared medically. Sadly, your anxiety has you wrapped so tight that it's causing you to hyper-focus on every physical sensation. Add to that Dr. Google and all those medical facts go out the window. Why not log off, go for a walk, watch a movie, listen to music etc. Find something to distract yourself. It's doing you no good sitting in front of the computer dwelling on something that's non-existent.

Positive thoughts

MagpieWitch
22-09-18, 19:19
If every night sweats were spesis half of us would be dead by now. I've had night sweats all summer even with the AC on, and last year my anxiety was so bad I woke up in a pillow and sheet completely soaked along with my clothes. As you can see a year later and no sepsis.
There isn't one single symptom of sepsis its a complication that comes on quickly and it's not just one small thing like sweating or taking 3 more seconds to pee. It's a serious condition. You don't have sepsis, the thing that can poison your blood is gone and out. It's no longer in your blood or body.

Pamplemousse
22-09-18, 23:12
Put it this way: if the OP had sepsis undiagnosed this long, the diagnosis would be much simpler - it would be 'dead'.

How do I know? I watched my wife die from it, that's how. Once it has a foothold, deterioration is rapid.

Sorry if that seems a bit brusque, but I have been biting my tongue for several days now.

MyNameIsTerry
23-09-18, 01:48
Put it this way: if the OP had sepsis undiagnosed this long, the diagnosis would be much simpler - it would be 'dead'.

How do I know? I watched my wife die from it, that's how. Once it has a foothold, deterioration is rapid.

Sorry if that seems a bit brusque, but I have been biting my tongue for several days now.

Sorry to hear that, Pamplemousse :hugs:

That must have been very distressing for you and your loved ones.

elswordfish
23-09-18, 02:58
I went back to the ER. The doctors did not seem to think I have sepsis. Neither did the nurses. They still ran a CBC and a sepsis test (blood cultures and lactic) I have to wait 72 hours for the blood cultures. Both doctors seem to believe they will be negative. The lactic was negative. But, the nurse opened her mouth and told me that antibiotics can cause it to be negative. Ugh. 72 hours of hell. I am kind of thinking they will be negative. But, I am so scared.

Anyone who prays. Pray for me. Think good thoughts. Please.

My vitals were perfect up there. But, the doctor wanted the tests because of how worried I have been over this. They let me go after the negative lactic test and told me to come back if I feel worse.

All of this over seeing my skin different in my mind than it is. I thought it was mottled. The doctors and nurses said no. I have had a Valium from the hospital. The kind I used to take that kept me calm and functional. And, my hands and the world around me actually look normal again.

But, what if it is positive....I really really really hope and pray it's not. But, on the 10% (nurse said he was 90% it wouldn't be) chance that it is. Pray and think good thoughts that I won't die and that I caught it in time.

Also. Pamplemousse. I am so sorry. I didn't know. I am so very sorry.

I am sobbing right now. I would have never brought this up if I knew someone so close to a board member died in this manner. I felt like a complete jackass already and now I just. I am sorry.

---------- Post added at 01:58 ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 ----------

I should have just stayed home. This 72 hour wait has me so afraid. It's like a big rock barreling down on me.

Pamplemousse
23-09-18, 14:23
Sorry to hear that, Pamplemousse :hugs:

That must have been very distressing for you and your loved ones.

It still is to this day. I am alone with no one to discuss my own fears with: I lost my best friend as well as my wife. And over eight years later, in my mind I still can see me being dragged out of intensive care screaming by a nurse and my brother as they tried to restart her heart - and CPR is nothing like you see on the telly, it is violent and it is brutal. Every anniversary I can recall the events of the five days leading to her death with precision and clarity.

Fishmanpa
23-09-18, 15:56
I'm so sorry to hear this Pamplemousse :weep: I can empathize to a degree as I nearly lost my wife due to an incredibly rare illness. I too recall vividly those two months in the hospital as well as my own journey with cancer and heart disease. It's just something that always lingers....

I wish you peace...

Positive thoughts

elswordfish
23-09-18, 18:07
I am leaving here after it comes back I don't have sepsis. Which, it probably will. I called the ER this morning and asked about the results of my CBC. They couldn't give me the actual numbers. But, they told me there was no concern for sepsis according to that and of course I my broken brain is still trying to spin it to worse case scenario. They also told me that they would have kept me yesterday if they believed I had it.

I need help. I honestly thought a place like this could help me vent and talk to others who suffered from HA. But, it's just making it worse. Because, I keep seeing new diseases around here and other symptoms and then they get in my mind too.

I have went from cancer to rabies to a brain abscess to sepsis in two months time. And, the only help I will ever be able to get is medicine. As afraid as I am of taking SSRI's I am more afraid that I will continue to spiral out of control if I don't get the help needed.

Also. I feel so sad bringing sepsis up now knowing what I know. And, I really didn't mean to hurt another board member.

I'll update when I get my results. And, then I'm out. I'm going to have to talk to someone in person and work through this.

ErinKC
23-09-18, 19:50
I need help. I honestly thought a place like this could help me vent and talk to others who suffered from HA. But, it's just making it worse. Because, I keep seeing new diseases around here and other symptoms and then they get in my mind too.

This has happened to me before on this site. I try to limit my time on here while still trying to get some benefits from it when I need the support. There have been times when I've gone down the rabbit hole about an issue that never occurred to me after reading a post on here.

Good luck, elswordfish. Anxiety is a terrible curse. I hope you can find the help you need!!

MyNameIsTerry
24-09-18, 01:45
It still is to this day. I am alone with no one to discuss my own fears with: I lost my best friend as well as my wife. And over eight years later, in my mind I still can see me being dragged out of intensive care screaming by a nurse and my brother as they tried to restart her heart - and CPR is nothing like you see on the telly, it is violent and it is brutal. Every anniversary I can recall the events of the five days leading to her death with precision and clarity.

It's very sad to hear this.

I can't imagine an experience like this, I've been very lucky in life so far. When I was in my early teens my younger cousin landed in a coma after a short illness (I won't go into details on here of how it came about) and he spent months with inflammation on the brain causing seizures, as in thrashing around hitting out and swearing. All of which were out of character and explained as normal by the consultant due to the inflammation. He was very lucky because he survived with minimal brain damage which doesn't affect him and he has gone on to live a normal life. But I remember his father driving down to Birmingham Children's Hospital every night after work and his mother staying down there with every day. I can imagine people who've been through such awful experiences would understand the kind of emotional turmoil you have, and continue, to go through.

Like you say, it's not as smooth as it appears on the TV. It's very scary. My aunty & uncle had to watch that too with their young son and I can't comprehend the terror they must have felt right then.

Some years back my dad was working in the countryside when a car accident happened. They kept the car watered until the fire brigade got there and kept talking to the guy in the car. Sadly he died later after being airlifted. But I remember my dad having a good two weeks upset over the experience and this was with a complete stranger. To see something traumatic with a loved one is that times a million & more.

I hope you find the support you need to get through this. :hugs:

elswordfish
24-09-18, 16:56
I started feeling pretty good and normal last night. Still alright some today. Feeling a bit jittery and that feeling of being jerky and stiff inside a little bit. But, ok.

I was able to get myself calmed down enough to realize that if I had sepsis for almost 4 weeks I would be dead. I wouldn't be able to run. Even though I am out of breathe when I run or exert myself. Which, that's a little troublesome. But, it could just be anxiety.

I am still waiting on the actual results. I am thinking it will be negative and if it's not I will be extremely shocked. Also scared for my future. Just talking about the result part is making my anxiety flair a bit.

elswordfish
25-09-18, 00:23
I am still wondering what the results will be. But, I am thinking negative. I still feel bad. But, not as bad as I did. I did wake up with the sweats again which has me worried. But, I just did some jumping jacks. So. I am pretty sure those test results will be negative unless like my HA wants to try and convince me of that I'm a medical wonder.

elswordfish
25-09-18, 05:39
My skin is cool to the touch. My mom said it was just because of the weather and she kind of feels the same way. But, it's making me scared that it's sepsis again. Plus, I keep having red dots come up on me. She has them too. But, I am so afraid it's petechae on me. Because I have some that are different than that on my leg too. Like I broke a blood vessel.

Just a few more hours and I'll know if I am dying or not.

StephA
25-09-18, 12:46
My skin is cool to the touch. My mom said it was just because of the weather and she kind of feels the same way. But, it's making me scared that it's sepsis again. Plus, I keep having red dots come up on me. She has them too. But, I am so afraid it's petechae on me. Because I have some that are different than that on my leg too. Like I broke a blood vessel.

Just a few more hours and I'll know if I am dying or not.

Geez man, you said that you felt like a jerk the other day after a fellow member posted about his wife dying of sepsis, BUT here you are still posting this!!? Have some respect! Go get help for your true illness here (health anxiety)!