PDA

View Full Version : Is there a limit to how many times you can go pee a day?

Jarofflies
22-09-18, 15:02
I'm a guy and I must be going nearly every hour. So maybe 12 times a day +

I'm drinking tons of water though and my pee is always nearly clear so maybe it's just that

I just don't know if there's a set amount

Fishmanpa
22-09-18, 15:19
I'm a guy and I must be going nearly every hour. So maybe 12 times a day +

I'm drinking tons of water though and my pee is always nearly clear so maybe it's just that

And this concerns you because??

Positive thoughts

nomorepanic
22-09-18, 15:30
I am having a similar problem and in the evening I am going every 30 minutes and several times overnight.

I am a bit worried about diabetes so will need to follow that up with the doctor as my last blood test for sugar was borderline.

Unlike you though I am not drinking lots of water in the day.

jray23
22-09-18, 16:03
Easy solution, reduce your water intake for a day or two and see if it correlates.

I drink a ton of water at work and go every hour, but on weekends I drink much less and it correlates.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

RadioGaGa
22-09-18, 17:22
Urinary frequency ranges anywhere for four to ten times per day, averaging about six. You don't mention this increasing at night, or actually having extreme thirst, or feeling very tired. This triad of symptoms is known as "diabetes until proven otherwise"

Try to reduce your water intake. Although, diabetes is so common nowadays, it is worth running this past your doctor, and getting the appropriate blood tests.

Probably nothing, but just see him if reducing your water intake doesn't help.

Jarofflies
22-09-18, 17:35
Urinary frequency ranges anywhere for four to ten times per day, averaging about six. You don't mention this increasing at night, or actually having extreme thirst, or feeling very tired. This triad of symptoms is known as "diabetes until proven otherwise"

Try to reduce your water intake. Although, diabetes is so common nowadays, it is worth running this past your doctor, and getting the appropriate blood tests.

Probably nothing, but just see him if reducing your water intake doesn't help.

Tired yeah, but not extreme thirst. Can you get diabetes being really skinny?

I actually go more when I'm at home not doing anything. If I'm out and about I barely go

RadioGaGa
22-09-18, 17:37
Jarofflies

Anyone really can get diabetes. Although I do remember a Consultant from the ward once saying (when we in Pharmacy were querying a patients medication) "does this patient look diabetic to you?" The girl appeared thin and healthy.

I think his observation would not stick with NICE guidelines on diagnosing Diabetes (haha) but generally if you carry weight your risk is much higher.

The test is just a simple fasting (you don't eat the night before) blood test.

Good luck

ErinKC
22-09-18, 18:07
With diabetes, the reason you pee a lot is because of excessive thirst. Do you feel really thirsty all the time, or do you just drink a lot of water habitually? If you just drink a lot of water because it's good for you and then pee it out, that's totally normal.

---------- Post added at 15:07 ---------- Previous post was at 15:02 ----------

I'll add - I'm not a medical professional, but my brother and my cat have diabetes and they were both diagnosed based on excessive thirst.

MyNameIsTerry
23-09-18, 01:54
And don't forget that part of the fight or flight response is...to empty the bladder ready for action. The same with the bowels.

So, just like with the running to the toilet for the bowels more than usual the same can be said for urinating. Add a lot of water to that and the outcome is only going to be increased frequency.

---------- Post added at 01:54 ---------- Previous post was at 01:51 ----------

Jarofflies

Anyone really can get diabetes. Although I do remember a Consultant from the ward once saying (when we in Pharmacy were querying a patients medication) "does this patient look diabetic to you?" The girl appeared thin and healthy.

I think his observation would not stick with NICE guidelines on diagnosing Diabetes (haha) but generally if you carry weight your risk is much higher.

The test is just a simple fasting (you don't eat the night before) blood test.

Good luck

Yeah, don't think that observation would work for two of my work colleagues who were both thin and have diabetes.

Weight will naturally be assumed but you never know how fast someone's metabolism and their levels of exercise when they may also be bombing down unhealthy foods.

SarahNah
23-09-18, 01:56
I probably couldn't count on two hands how often my boyfriend goes the bathroom in one day. He's fit and healthy. If you're drinking tones of water that's normal. I also find, if I keep thinking about how often I go the toilet. It makes me go even more!

Katie55
23-09-18, 09:03
When I found out I had diabetes I couldn't move far from a toilet but as someone else said, that was due to the raging thirst which is nothing like normal thirst

paranoid-viking
23-09-18, 09:56
Eh no, there is no limit.

While not an expert, some drinks make you dehydrate more, like cofees and sodas and if you drink a lot of that you pee a lot.

MagpieWitch
23-09-18, 10:17
Hey I am on the same boat with you! I want to say first that I've been feeling better in the HA department and a bit of more CBT visits helped so I am trying to stay positive. I am quite embaressed at the rabies and amoeba threads I made they were really impossible and ridicilous.

I am a bit worried because since last night I've had very frequent urination that woke me up 3 times. And in the evening before I was out on some gig in the park but couldn't drink more than few sips. I just go a lot but have no thirst. I didn't drink more fluids than usual either. And got this bad headache around my forehead too. So i freaked out.

I am worried about diabetes because I had some infections these past few weeks, and I've been feeling very hungry. But I barely have any thirst unless I am outside so I didn't drink much more water than usual. I did have 3 blood tests in august and another one in july for my drivers licence which were all clear in that department. So I don't know what to think.

I know for one thing that 3 years ago I had this frequent urination thing too, I just go and TMI pee out really clear liquid but not too much certainly not a full bladder.

I will try to get a blood test tomorrow but I don't know if diabetes can sneak up on me so fast in few days like this. So it really can be just anxiety after all?