PDA

View Full Version : Worried Prednisone Covering Up Throat Cancer

OnlyRevolutions
22-09-18, 21:32
I was recently tested for asthma (which I don't have) and was prescribed prednisone and an antibiotic, but there wasn't a clear diagnosis. I had been feeling like the inside of my chest has been drowning in mucus/congestion but without a productive cough (though I did have a slight cough that would come and go, but it hasn't been around much lately. I've had increased salivation and a lot of throat clearing.

I've been pretty much fine since I started the prednisone, but I'm afraid once I'm done with the course, the symptoms will return, and it'll turn out to have been throat cancer the whole time. Since I know prednisone supposedly helps with cancer symptoms.

I've been too cautious to research whether or not throat cancer can actually present as a congestion/burn in the chest that reduces my ability to exercise hard. Am I overreacting about what's most likely something sinus-related or can throat cancer start with symptoms in the chest?

Chest x-rays have been unremarkable, btw.

Fishmanpa
22-09-18, 21:41
Am I overreacting about what's most likely something sinus-related or can throat cancer start with symptoms in the chest?

Head and Neck cancer, of which I'm a survivor, does not start with symptoms in the chest. And yes, you're overreacting.

Positive thoughts